Prologue: Chapter 4 - The Calm Before the Storm

Third Person POV

The night before the cataclysm

"Good evening, Lumine." Kiyotaka greeted her.

"Hi, Kiyotaka. You called me, right?" She asked.

"Yes. Come sit with me first" He said, patting the area next to him.

"Okay." She said, then walked closer and sat at the edge of the cliff with him.

For a moment, they just relaxed in their current state. The beautiful, clear, starry night sky was one of rarity, and they luckily to see one for this night. The cool, refreshing breeze that passed occasionally passed by. This peace and serenity they both were feeling was something that many people would envy in their busy lives.

Though, the moment was short-lived  when one of them finally spoke.

"What did you want to talk about, Kiyotaka?" Lumine asked him.

"Oh yes that." He said.

"Are you finally going to accept my confession after all these years?~ That'd be really nice, y'know~" She teased him with a grin, but there was a genuine look of hope in her eyes.

Kiyotaka merely chuckled at her, and she pouted in return.

"I guess not. You're so annoying. I don't know why I even fell in love with you." She said, lightly punching his arm.

"Actually..." He said, pausing.

"Hm?" The girl let out a noise.

"You're right." He said.

"Eh?" Lumine was flustered from the sudden confession. She didn't really expect it to be so quick and unrelenting. She should have seen it coming, considering it's Kiyotaka she's talking to.

"W-what do you mean?" She asked him to verify what she was thinking. Her cheeks were red, and she slightly sweatdropped from how warm she was.

"What else do I mean? I'm in love with you, Lumine." He said, making it clear.

Lumine froze on the spot. She was shocked to hear this come out of his mouth. At this point, she was feeling hopeless, if he would ever accept her confession. Especially, when she confessed her love to him three years ago.

She instantly hugged him tightly. Kiyotaka was a bit surprised, but he quickly reciprocated her warmth.

"Thank you..." Was all she said, but he could find a deeper meaning in her words. He didn't speak, but rather, just kept comforting her.

Eventually, Lumine looked up at Kiyotaka in the eyes. She had been waiting for this opportunity for years, and it was finally within her grasp.

She leaned closer to his face, and Kiyotaka did the same to her. Their lips met. The warmth they felt increased exponentially. They wished that this moment could last forever but there was just one problem...

Though Kiyotaka would have liked this feeling to last forever, it was just not possible for him at least...

Why did he confess to Lumine the night before his planned experiment? Did he want to know that Lumine would be by his side after all this? Was this 'love', he spoke of, really genuine...?

'No...' He thought.

'I apologize, Lumine. This confession of mine was, unfortunately, not one sprouting from true love. This was all in my plan.'

'I needed to make sure that I wouldn't lose everything in the scenario that this experiment of mine backfires.'

'I needed you as a pawn that I could so easily control, if ever in a situation where I will need someone of your skillset.'

'Of course, I do not plan just that. If possible, I would like to learn what love truly is, like that of a book, but significantly more effective. Although I doubt that part will actually do anything or even work, it's still worth the effort, knowing my current and new relationship with her.'

With this, Kiyotaka's cataclysmic experiment will now take effect...

Chapter End

Aight. That is the end of the prologue for this book. This took quite a lot of brainpower outta me, so the first chapter of Volume 1 will prob be published in a few more days.

If you're a bit weirded out with why my writing style is a bit wonky, well, that's 'cause I've been using my phone this whole time to write. So, it's pretty easy for me to miss a spot while writing, but I can prob get my computer back at around Volume 1, so there's that.

All of this still confusing to you? Honestly, same. Though, I should be able to get my shit together at some point.

Now, I do wanna warn you that even though the contents in the prologue were kinda serious, a lot of the chapters after this are going to be rather lighthearted and fun.

My more of serious chapters will show up at some point, which involve my lore.

For now, we're just gonna follow the Genshin storyline until around Volume 3 of the book.

It may seem like I planned this whole thing thoroughly, already, but trust me, I have not lmao.

Anyways, that's all.

Sayonara!