Burning

The rain was light but the flames were strong, burning the fire nations palace, who knows if it would burn to the ground. People were running out, servants, cooks, guards, helping each other out of the palace where some belongings were left behind.

"He really did it," Suki whispered as she stood on the edge of a cliff that was above, had a perfect view of the palace and the city below.

"Who do you think won?" Katara looked at the palace that she called home for six months.

"It's hard to tell, we won't know till tomorrow to hear about either the falling of the prince or the dethroned fire lord," Suki pursed her lips a little turning away.

"Are you coming?" She looked at the princess behind her.

"Give me a minute," Katara didn't move as she was crouched down with her knees tucked to her chest, no expression on her face as she stared down at the land.

But her heart raced anxiously, how she wanted to jump down there to find Zuko, she wanted to disobey the orders for her and Aang to find him, see if he needed a healer. To see if he needed help.

In her hands she held the comb that she wore on their wedding day, she didn't have a lot of time to pack everything she cared for but she grabbed the blade her father sent her when she first got to the fire nation and the scrolls, the hair piece comb that she wore to be married into the family.

"I'm going to find you," Katara narrowed her eyes determined.

But for all she knew she was the next one to rule over the nation. If Zuko failed she was to finish what he started.

"Katara, we have to go, they'll be looking for us," Aang set a hand on her shoulder.

"Alright, we have to find my brother and the water tribe," Katara sighed standing up and looked at the monk and warrior.

"What are we going to do about Zuko? Just leave him?" Suki asked wiping her wet hair out of her face.

"He's going to be fine, he's had this plan for months, we'll see him again," Katara walked past her and started to leave the fire nation.

"Where are You going?" Aang asked.

"We're going to the air temple to get your bison, then we're to finish this war," Katara said calmly as the avatar and kyoshi warrior followed, leaving the burning nation behind.

To be continued...