Trusting game

"This is your room dear," Lo and Li brought her to her room later that day as Katara spent it wondering the palace she'd never call home.

"Thank you," she nodded and walked in but closed the doors behind her. Katara rather be alone from the overwhelming day.

Katara sighed walking in as she took her hair out and brushed it over her shoulder looking around at the draping silk curtain around the balcony. The walls where of course red as well as her large bed in the center of the room but pressed against the wall. It was the nicest bed she's ever seen as it had roses in a vase on the night stand as well as some sort of beautiful lilies mixed.

Her hand trailed across the soft bed and to the wooden post on the corner, it was a weird feeling of thick, smooth, dark wood unlike at home where everything was basically ice and snow, they didn't have trees so they used animal bones for support, they'd get a few supplies such as wooden spoons for soups but that's from trading with their sister tribe once in a while but that trade stopped when the South Pole didn't have much left to offer.

"I'm doing this for my people, I'm doing this for them," Katara told herself softly, closing her eyes as she sat on the bed but made a small sound of distress when she sunk to much and fell back.

"Whoa..." she breathed with wide eyes as she was in the bed it felt like, sinking into the mattress.

"That's going to need some getting use to," Katara pushed herself up but heard a knocking at the door.

"Um come in?" She called and saw the fire lords daughter from before walk in.

"Azula right?" She stood up quickly as Azula looked around in the room. She was going to be her sister in law, might as well try to get along...

"Ty lee said you should get some friends around here since the servants are annoying, would you like to join us in the garden?" Azula  smirked slyly as she leaned against the wall crossing her arms.

"Oh um..." Katara trailed off, Zuko said something about her being snake like. Not like she liked Zuko by any means...

"Yea okay," she smiled and put her hair back up in the fire nation half up bun but Azula stopped her at the door.

"If you want to fit in you should drop the necklace, big give away of water tribe peasant," Azula flicked the necklace around her neck but Katara touched it.

"No, the necklace stays," Katara defended.

"It's my mothers..." she sighed and Azula looked at her flatly.

"Miss mommy from your icy hell?" Azula scoffed.

"She's dead, been dead since I was little," Katara shot back and walked past her. Azula smirked a little and walked ahead to lead the way. It was only a few twists and turns until Katara saw the garden the fire nation princess mentioned.

It was the most beautiful thing she's seen since she's been here, it was a small pond with a cherry blossom tree as there was stones around it as the green grass covered the ground and a small water fountain trickled in the middle, as there she saw ty lee and another girl talking and by the cherry tree she saw Zuko reading to himself as he had a loaf of bread next to him.

"You don't like my brother much do you?" Azula smirked darkly at the water bender.

"You be forced to marry someone you never met before and still have a smile, after being torn from your home," Katara blew some hair out of her face.

"If your tribe was the superior I would've married your brother instead, sokka right?" Azula hummed and Katara rolled her eyes.

"Lucky me," Katara sighed.