part six and a half: over & over

Author's Note: BONUS EDDIE POV!! This is just a little crumb while I work on the next chapters (plotting and doing an evil little laugh instead of sleeping)

Most of all, I hate that little look in your eye, the one that makes me feel like I might not hate you as much as I think I do.

He held your notepad in his hands, thrown to him in such a frenzy that he'd barely registered what had happened in the hall.

You seemed frantic, worried, so he didn't protest when you sprinted away after leaving him with the remnants of your shared little joke.

He didn't even know what it was until he'd opened it, first noticing your sketched caricatures of living guitars with pointy teeth.

He read the remarks scrawled onto the page, smiling to himself– a smile he'd found to be a frequent participant in the aftermath of any of his interactions with you.

He'd been ready to read it all again when he noticed graphite smeared beneath the list of insults.

He flipped back the first sheet.

Your voice seemed to shift between the pages, from crude and foolish to honest and raw. The penmanship seemed pressured, unscripted and chaotic. It almost felt invasive– the words screaming up at him looking like they weren't meant to reach him.

Nonetheless, he read them.

Over. And over. And over.