5

"Xianle I'm upset with you." Jun wu says. The god lowers his head. "Ling Wen told me you spent the night at Xuan Zhen's palace." Then tapping his foot he sighs. "You must stop this behaviour. You are owned. You can't do as you like. Cut contact with those two or else," He opens an eye to look. "You will force my hand."

Xie Lian must look very pitiful today as he sits on the floor listening. Red puffy eyes, his robes are messy but only slightly. His hair is done up in his classic style yet a new hair pin has appeared.

It seems Jun wu is onto him. Who isn't? But he can't allow it. "Please my lord," he begs. "I don't love him, I want to be want someone I love." That might not be the right wording he wanted.

The emperor sighs stilling his foot. "Or two people?" He questioned. "I heard you exited Xuan Zhen's palace the other day too. Your robes changed to a higher quality and you seemed to be in better spirits. And this hair pin you've found over night?" Xie Lian can't. He can't use them as an excuse. He has to protect their image. "Yes I found it in my palace. The robes as well. I hope my lord won't mind me using them."

Jun Wu waves a hand dismissively. "I don't care." He says. "But you can't fool about when you are to be married." He says slamming a hand down. Xie Lian curls up at the noice.

"I promised to catch up with them." Not a lie. But not the whole story. "Oh? And do tell me the customs for 'catching up' in Xian Le I had no ideas it involved certain activities." The emperor said.

"It's common to relax and bathe when catching up. It's a custom that leads hundreds of years back. It's why Xian Le has so many public bath houses." Again not a lie. But if things led on from the bath... he'd never tell.

Then he sighs. "We cleared up a lot of our past, but I think... I think Mu Qing still hates me less." He admits.

The emperor isn't convinced. "And Feng Xin?" Xie Lian shudders. "He practically threw me over his shoulder and dragged me to a fighting ground." He says. Not exactly a lie either.

"So you don't love them?" Jun wu asks. Xie Lian laughs. "Of course I do, ever since we were kids I've loved them. We grew up together, went through so much together."

Jun wu looks thoughtful. "Ah it's one sided isn't it?" He says knowingly.

Xie Lian gasps at the perfect opportunity given. Of course! Hell say it's one sided! "Well perhaps I love them more than I should, that's on me alone. They shouldn't know, then they won't be pressured." He says. "It's better this way."

"Then why don't you move on?" The emperor asks.

The fith day Xie Lian's a mess. Mu Qing and Feng Xin have been looking for him and he's hidden from them all day. He's held in every emotion he's felt and this evening in front of the emperor he lets go. "I can't do this!" He screamed. The emperor's eyes shoot open to watch the mess unravel on his floor. He sighs. A broken god is no use to anyone.

Jun Wu coos and couches down. "Oh dear, xianle can you hear me?"  He asks. "You really don't want this, I'm sorry. I really did expect to win. But I'm afraid I can't get out of it lest I want my temples to burn all night long." Then petting the boys back. "You wouldn't want that would you?"

Xie Lian can't even comprehend the words being spoken. Nothing is processing. "What do I do?" He whispers. "What the hell do I do?!" He yells. The emperor's taken aback the hand freezing.

Xie Lian had never yelled at him. He's never been this angry. Jun Wu holds back a smile at the mess. "Oh dear, could it be you are in a relationship after all ?" He asks.

"Am I? Am I?!" Xie Lian yells pushing the man away. "I- I hate this! Why would you? I- no." He says face dropping blank. Jun Wu scowls.

"No." Jun wu says.