𝟬𝟲. Dancing Dilemmas..

06; Dancing Dilemmas..

   ELARA IZAR WAS LIVID

ELARA IZAR WAS LIVID. As per the Jedi council's and the Chancellor's request, she was to be sent back to Delria to go into hiding—away from Coruscant and her work in defeating the Military Creation Act. Fantastic.

   She'd never been a fan of hiding in any sense—she believed in facing your issues head on—but hiding away now? Elara just couldn't get on board. The Republic needed her in the Capital, not in Delria hiding away like a frightened animal—whimpering and all. Elara wanted to stand her ground; to stay. But her opinion doesn't matter. At least to the council and the Chancellor, it didn't.

Sighing, Elara looked on at herself in the mirror. Lidá was behind her, hands working like lightning to whip Elara's hair into shape. Elara looked depleted, and fittingly so. The past day had been so stressful that she was surprised she didn't explode. Missing the meeting, getting nearly assassinated twice, and most stressful of all, Anakin.

Being around him again was so hard. It was hard because she knew it couldn't last. She was a senator, a Celestial, a princess—and him, a Jedi. They just couldn't work. Not because they didn't want to, but because they weren't allowed to. She almost found it funny. Even in a Republic, they still weren't free. Still, the chains of the expectations of society weighed down on them, and Elara wasn't sure she could find a way through.

   But it wasn't just hard. It was good too. It was good in the bright smiles, alight gazes, and fuzzy feelings. It was good in the small, lingering touches and kind words. It was good just because he was there again, just because Elara could see his sunny-self, shining onto to everyone around him. And even though she knew it couldn't last, Anakin would always make it good.

"You look angry," Lidá said thoughtfully, pulling Elara from her thoughts and also pulling two strands of hair down in front of her face.

"I am," Elara answered truthfully. There was no hiding it; Lidá has always been able to read her like a book. "Their decision angers me to no end. I worked months to stop the Military Creation Act, and now it's all being discarded like trash. It's not fair." Elara knew she sounded like an angry child, red face and huffing in all, but she didn't care. She needed to vent, and she did exactly that.