𝟬𝟳. Push And Pull..

   ANAKIN SKYWALKER WAS SOARING

   ANAKIN SKYWALKER WAS SOARING. As he awoke, his thoughts immediately flashed to the night before; a joyous grin overtaking his drowsy face. Never in his lifetime had he ever felt so happy, so fulfilled. He finally got what he'd wanted so desperately ever since he first saw her bright, glowing eyes and even brighter smile. His star, his Elara, had kissed him.

   In the moment he thought it was just another one of his dreams, and, well, that was the easiest to believe. After the talk they'd had earlier that day, Anakin's little hope was burning out. So when Elara knocked on his door and asked him to sneak out and go dancing with her, he thought she was messing with him. She'd made it clear to him in her words that the love between the two of them was never to be indulged in, however, her actions spoke differently.

   Anakin knew she was struggling right now. He could see right through her façade of self control and resilience. He knew she was fighting an internal battle of what would be smart and what would make her truly happy. Anakin knew that she also blamed herself for the Military Creation Act's rise of popularity and probability of being passed, even when she was the last person he'd blame. He also knew that she was the only one holding them back from the blossoming love between them. Anakin was already all in. The Code didn't matter to him anymore, not when the only person other than his mother that he truly loved was finally with him again.

   But Elara was more of a clear thinker. Even though she has her moments of impulse, she wasn't a senator for nothing, and she was more meticulous about her decisions. Elara, unlike Anakin, thinks things through most of the time. And clearly, all she was doing was thinking. He could see it in her eyes; the push and pull—the back and forth.

   She was loosing the battle. He knew it. Last night was enough to prove that to him, but that didn't mean he didn't want more.

Anakin didn't just want a mere kiss—something that could be forgotten. He wanted all of her. He wanted to wake up every morning with her in his arms and spend every day by her side. He wanted to hug her and tickle her all over in till she was giggling and crying with laughter. He wanted to kiss and touch her without ever having to stop.