Chapter 4

(Read The Note At The Bottom)

- Marinette - 3rd Person - 

Marinette strode through dark corridors, her assassin outfit fitting her like a glove. A cruel pleasure twisted in her gut as others leaned away from her, fear noticeable in the shadows of their eyes. Her eyes lingered on the familiar treasures held within the League, her ears happy at the tortured screams coming from the passing dungeons rooms.

She stopped in front of a large set of doors and knocked firmly. A voice beckoned her in, and she carefully made her way in.

Immediately, a dagger whistled through the air, making a thump sound as it hit the door she had just been standing in front of. A dagger slid into her hand, the shadows immediately becoming a place of suspicion. The faintest sound if footsteps came from behind her and she turned suddenly, drawing her dagger up and slashing it downward. A silver blur came up to meet her, and she blocked it, stabbing her dagger up and forcing it into to the soft flesh of her attacks.

Warm blood poured onto her hand and Marinette retracted her dagger easily. The body dropped down and she turned away, her eyes drawn to the other figure. Green eyes stared eerily at her, sparkling with something akin to pride.

Marinette dropped to her knees near-instantly, casting her eyes onto the ground she stood upon. "Lady Al Ghul."

She watched as clothed feet came near, stopping in front if her carefully. "I did. You did well; your reflexes nor instincts have left you. You haven't rotted in that deplorable city." The sneer was heard in her voice, but Marinette said nothing. She tensed when a hand stroked her hair softly, fingers gingerly trailing down the side of her face, catching on her chin and lifting her face.

Blue met Green and Talia smiled a cold smile. "You will take part in the Demon Tournament, but the mission will be yours whether you win it not. Unless you die, then I suppose your blood will be dishonored." Talia let go of her chin and traced a finger over her cheekbones, the ridge of her nose, and to the other cheek. "Will you disappoint, Lady Shadow?"

"Of course not, Milady. I would never... Permission for an inquiry?"

"Granted."

"What is the mission I am to accomplish? Of how much importance is it to the League?"

Talia clicked her tongue. "So impatient." Quick as a viper, her hand shot out and grabbed a fistful of Marinette's hair. "Do not question me, Lady Shadow. I can order your death with a single word." The hand released the locks of hair and Marinette nodded mutedly.

"Glad you understand. Training Room 8 is yours for the next 2 weeks. Instructor Matos will be training you. After every lesson, you are to learn the art of seduction; I was made aware of the fact that you never learned it. This is correct?"

Marinette gave a soft incline of her bead. "Yes Lady Al Ghul."

"Good. You can leave now. Send someone in for the body." Marinette didn't say anything, only walking out the room with the same air she had when she came in. She flagged down another assassin and gestured to the room with her middle and ring fingers. They nodded and immediately entered.

She walked to her Training Room and entered quietly. A middle-aged woman stood there with an emotionless face. Red hair was put in a long braid, and she had weapons strapped to her body. Sharp blue eyes glittered with maliciousness.

"Lady Shadow, yes?" Her accent was thick but not overbearing.

"Yes ma'am."

She didn't say anything. She just charged at her, a sword in hand.

Marinette smiled and began her attack.

---

Marinette grunted as she landed on her bed, throwing her weapons to the floor despite the echoing lessons of her old instructor yelling at her. She shuddered tiredly and pushed herself up after a few moments, knowing full well she needed to get showered and changed so she could get ready for her other instructor.

She stared as her door opened and a head poked in; she gave a flat look to Nino, who came in without fear. "What are you doing here, Sarin? Aren't you taking a few days for you and your betrothed?"

He shrugged. "I am. But I wanted to tell you Paralyzer was just sent on a mission; she left about 15 minutes ago. Huntress said she left for Taiwan, apparently there was something pertinent to the Tournament over there. I don't know what, but it is." He sighed. "I'll leave you now, I have a lovely lady to get back too." Marinette snorted as he closed the door and she stared at the door for a few seconds, trying to figure out what she was trying to do before.

She walked to the bathroom, started the water and stepped in after stripping; bathing in the hot water, she scrubbed herself clean of the sweat that was gelling on her skin. Her hair fell down the length of her back, stringy and darker from the water.

Shutting off the water, Marinette dried off and dressed quickly; stepping into her unformal assassin outfit, she stepped out and, without thinking, got into a fighting stance when her eyes landed on a person sitting on her bed.

The woman was beautiful; smooth looking deep chocolate skin, glittering amber eyes, deep red lip stick, thick black coils adorned with silver pieces bunching at her shoulders, golden hoops hung from her ears. She was wearing a navy tube top, black leather pants, and with black heels with golden snakes coiling around her ankles. Her eyes caught on the dagger hidden under her waistband, on both her left and right side.

"You are Miss Cheng are you not? Lady Shadow?" Marinette gave a nod, still unsure as to what she was doing in her room.

"I am Bellona Walsh, otherwise known as Allure. I will be your seduction instructor. My partner will be here in only a few moments then the lessons will commence." Marinette simply stared, not moving from her place. Walsh looked on at her, a slightly amused look on her face. "You can sit, Miss Cheng. I would prefer you get comfortable; this lesson is one that requires much.... physical contact. I've heard you are not all that welcome to touch performed by those you are known to associate often with." Marinette sat at her vanity stiffly, nodding slowly at her instructor.

The door opened again, and another figure slid in. It was a man this time; a flawless alabaster complexion, dark blue eyes, slicked back hair, and thin lips. He wore a simple tight shirt, well-fitting jeans, and expensive looking shoes. The faint outline of a gun was at the bottom of his jeans. "Calix Agnello, or Eros. Nice to meet you, Lady Shadow."

She stared at him before standing. "Am I required to change for this? Walsh, Angello?"

Walsh gave a slight incline of her head. "You may. And, please, Bellona and Calix; I would rather it be informal during the lessons."

Marinette only gave a jerky nod and went to her wardrobe, locking the door behind her. She stripped once more and put on a light grey tank top, black jean, and a dark grey beanie with combat boots. Marinette stepped out and took a deep breath, soothing her fraying nerves.

She was not looking forward to this. 

A/N: Sooo, next chapter there is going to be a few clips of Mari's training but then we just skip over the entire tournament, well mostly but yeah. 

Also, the chapter containing Lila's torture will be updated, and a separate chapter will be written for the torture of the others: Agreste Sr, Agreste Jr, Cesaire, Natalie. 

Again, like the notes in my other books, really slow updates; very few and far between. When we get to a certain part of the book, it might speed up just a bit but it's unlikely. 

Also, all the chapters after this are going to be third person because it seems to be just a bit easier to write in. 

This was SUPPOSED to be out yesterday but, I got caught up in a couple of things. 

Hope all of you are well! Giving you hugs and love! Muah <3

Danielle