14

May 24th, 2006
8.23, pm.

The road was pretty much silent as you and rindou walked down the empty streets with a few cars running and parked.

"Um, thanks for waiting for me." You awkwardly thanked him. You were truly thankful, especially after seeing it wasn't bright enough for you to walk down the streets alone. "Mhm."

You side eyed him, annoyed by his dry response. It wasn't flirtatious or anything like usual. You folded your arms, hugging your stomach slightly. "What? You cold?" He looked down at you, not really bothering to move to see you. You shrugged, it was pretty chilly, but you wouldn't say you were freezing to death.

You were simply wearing a shirt, nothing special.

Rindou looked down at the floor, then back to you. He stopped walking for a second, causing you to stop and turn behind curiously.

He walked towards you, closing most of the gap between the both of you. "Gosh this is so fuckin corny." He mumbled under his breath, taking off his suit coat, placing it on your shoulder blades.

"Oh." You looked up at him with a smile on your face. You weren't really expecting a jacket from rindou. Though you must say, he did look way too fine dressing formal. "Thank you." You softly said, words almost coming off as a whisper.

"Whatever."

You wondered why he seemed so much more cranky than nothing less than thirty minutes ago. He was flirting with you just then, and now he was acting all shy. Did he not like waiting?

"Oh. Rika wanted me to tell you to come over to hers tomorrow."

"I cant unless it's a school day." You bitterly muttered, putting your hands in the sleeves of his jacket. It was getting chillier by the second. "Hm. Then on Monday then? We'll have to wait a while at hers though. She has cram school."

"And how do you know that?" You raised your eyebrows, shoving your hands in his pockets for warmth. "She told me."

"You remembered all that?"

"What? You jealous?" He gave you a tired smirk that grew into a grin when he saw how his jacket looked on you. "No. Never."

"That hurts my feelings." Rindou sarcastically sighed, dramatically putting his hand to his chest. "Cry."

You flinched when he suddenly wrapped his arm around your shoulder, bringing you close so that the both of your arms brushed against each other.

You looked up at him with a puzzled look, hoping your cheeks wouldn't be as rosy as they felt like. "Why are you touching me?" You furrowed your eyebrows, giving his arm a sarcastic dirty look before looking back at him.

You looked lonely. That's why he had his arm around you. Rindou couldn't just pull you into a hug as if you were best buddies. He showed you his flirty side when you first met since he was drunk, so now he'd have keep his flirty personality up. He wasn't normally like this, many knew it. He was more isolated and closeted.

Though if someone said that to you, you would definitely not believe it. Rindou had it all under control. Whenever he was around you, he'd make sure to be flirty around other girls too.

He wasn't really doing it subconsciously, nor did he have a reason to why he did it. He only did what he felt like doing, or what he usually did without questioning himself or his doing.

You looked back infront, eyes fixated on the floor as you walked. You revelled in the way your steps were synchronized with his. How satisfying. Though his steps were bigger due to his leg length. He was walking slower than he usually did to match your pace.

And you knew that. Because with those lanky legs of his, he zooms past you whenever he walks by. You usually cackle at how he walks like mr bobinski from coraline.

"I might drop out of school." He murmured out of the blue. He was just voicing what was on his mind. Plus rindou thought that it was simply just the right thing to tell you. "Wait what?" Your pace got slower as you stared up at him with an unpleasant look on your face.

He shrugged.

"Why? Cause you're failing every single subject, including gym?"

Rindou scowled, offended. "I actually passed gym with flying colours."

"Damn you even pulled out the big words form your limited vocabulary."

"It is not limited." He sassily snapped back, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Mhm."

"I heard ran complain about your chemistry grade. 34? Really rindou?" You chuckled, eyeing him.

"It's not 34!" He defensively yelled, huffing in the process.

"Then what is it?"

"36.."

Oh my god.