36

This story is not intended to promote or encourage actions such as self-harm or suicide.

I held hands with Iida. His hands are large and soft. We were walking to the store after school, and I think our hands brushed together, and we ended up holding hands.

It's weird. It wasn't uncomfortable, but it's weird in general to hold someone's hand.

Fuyumi wanted to talk to me about how I'm doing. She asked if I'm happy, if I feel loved, if things are too difficult. I told her I was fine. She said she worries because I never leave my room much, I don't express anything, my grades are dropping, I never speak, and I've lost a lot of weight. I said I just don't have time.

If I just died, she wouldn't have to worry about someone that no longer exists. She wouldn't have to take care of me.

I did some of an assignment today and turned it in to get some credit for it, and my teacher pulled me aside to ask me if everything was all right. He asked if he could help me with anything. I shook my head and went back to my desk. I slept for the rest of the class period.

I had a dream. Fuyumi was celebrating because I was reported to be dead. I don't know if I was because I never saw myself in the dream. It was all from a third-person point of view looking at Fuyumi, and yet, I wasn't the one looking at her. She looked so happy.

I'll say my goodbyes to everyone tomorrow.