The Shield Hero Trial

"Lady Rimuru!" Ake yelled, knocking on my door repeatedly. "Something terrible has happened! You have to listen to this!"

I instantly dressed and grabbed my weapons and open the door in hurry. "What happened?!"

"It happens that the Shield Hero was sexually assault his companion!" Ake said in surprise.

I gasped in surprise at this. No matter how you look at it, Naofumi was docile and bright-eyed. He smiled whenever he got the chance and look towards things optimistically. To think he do such that thing is impossible. That kind of thing is more suitable to Motoyasu.

"Naofumi did? Really?"

"That was the guards said. Sir Spear Hero is awaiting for them to bring the Shield Hero rightnow to confront him about the issue, while Sir Sword Hero and Bow Hero should be on their way, but I'm not too sure."

"I see."

"Are you planning to confront the Shield Hero yourself, Lady Rimuru?" He asked.

"Yes. I still can't believe he do such that thing. I must see the trial myself to make my judgement." I answered.

V

"Rimuru-chan, did you hear what happened?" That was Motoyasu's first question to me when I stepped into the throne room. It surprised me that his voice could reach such a seriousness. He wear a chainmail tunic armour, the same one as Naofumi's.

I nodded while I walked towards the throne that the king sat on, who which I gave my greeting to before addressing Motoyasu. He was standing just before the steps upwards, with Myne scared out of her life. Though, it wouldn't matter if it was real or not, Motoyasu would probably believe her just the same. Such a simp.

"More or less. Naofumi did something, right?"

"Yeah. He tried to rape his only party member! Could you believe that!? The nerve of that guy pisses me off!" Motoyasu was genuinely furious, and talked about him as if our lighted-hearted discussion on our first day never happened. To Motoyasu, Naofumi was already guilty. "Myne goes out of her way with the kindest in her heart to help out Naofumi and this is the thanks he gives her?!"

Another footstep came behind me, as I turned to see who it was. Though, I already had an idea. It was Ren and Itsuki.

"Ren! Itsuki! You heard the news?!"

Ren's face was brindled with emotion, and looked more serious than he usually was. His body was too tensed for something like this, but he trying to hiding it with his relaxed posture. Itsuki however, looked really displeased and disgust.

"Naofumi tried to rape his companion. I've heard. The news has been spreading quite quickly. Almost the entire town has heard about it at this point. If not, then they will by the end of the day." A cold statement to answer Motoyasu's question, wrapped around in a warm blanket. "I can't believe someone like him who do something like that."

"I know, right?!" Now Itsuki exclaimed. "The king is sending out his soldiers to capture Naofumi right now, and to bring him in for his punishment! Justice will prevail!"

"Just a question before the soldiers get the chance to bring him in. What evidence convicts Naofumi of this crime?" I asked.

"Evidence? Just look at Myne, Rimuru-chan!" Motoyasu stepped out of the way, so I could see the tear-stained face of hers. "She clearly looks like she's been through something traumatizing. You should know better. We need to bring Naofumi the punishment he deserves!"