the dnd leader

A/n the script is not on point and some events might be out of order. Also spoiler warning here :) enjoy fellow Eddie lovers.

My alarm blared through my room. I groaned, rolled over and smacked the top of the offending object. "Y/n get up!!" My non-related brother screamed. "Dustin I swear to God do not come in here" I screamed back but to no avail, he stormed in my room and ripped the duvet off me. "Come on I wanna get there early, Eddie has summoned us for a hellfire meeting" he said. I rolled my eyes, "dork" I said and he got out my room and closed the door.

Since moving in with the Henderson's I've been a lot happier. I'm english and 18. I was being shipped to Hawkins lab when I was 15, but got lost in mail, apparently a Dr Brenner was interested in my abilities. He supposedly had other children like me. I met one once, her name was El or Jane depending on who you asked, Dustin introduced me. But she moved away and now I'm alone again.

I got up and looked through my closet and decided on jeans, my Queen T-shirt and a leather jacket. I quickly grabbed my walkman with 'the game' album cassette in it. I put on my eye liner and the rest of my make up and walked to the kitchen.

"Dressing to impress?" Dustin asked. "Don't be a creep, I'm your sister, remember?" We both laughed. "Only theoretically" he replied. "In answer to your first question, I have no one to impress at Hawkins high." I ate some eggos and swallowed my orange juice. "So... Not Eddie?" he asked. "What about Eddie?" I asked, totally ignoring him. "Y/n. Come on. You look at him every time he so much as walks past. You like him!" Dustin accused. "Ugh, I do not Henderson. And for the record I do not stare at him" I said. "If you say so." I narrowed my eyes at him and made his orange juice hover in the air.

"Say I don't like him or this goes over your cult t shirt" he gasped, "you wouldn't" he dared. I sighed and tipped the glass a little "okay!! Okay!! Fine!! You don't like Eddie! God, you know you really should stop doing that!" I chuckled at him and put the glass down. "Shit! We've got to go if you want to make your nerd meeting!" I grabbed my bag and made my way to the she'd to get our bikes. "I need to get a job, I need a car" Dustin nodded in agreement and we both cycled.

We made our way into school and I dropped Dustin off to the meeting. Not to look at Eddie, thank you very much. Although he did say hi and he winked at me. Ughh okay maybe I have a little crush but nothing would come of it.

Maths was a drag, English, however, was more interesting. We analysed some Shakespeare when Mrs dickwaddington - or whatever the hell her fuckin name is- made an announcement. "Class, Edward Munson is moving in here," some people started making noise, calling him freak and the devil. It made me frown, he was kind really and all he did was play a little fantasy game with my adoptive brother. "I don't want to hear it. Go sit with Miss l/n at the back" I blushed and looked away.

"Hey, Dustin's sister right? Nice top" he said as he took out his copy of Macbeth. "Thanks, you're the leader of his dnd club. I played it once. A couple years ago when I first came here. It was... an experience" he laughed lightly. The guy never seems to false smile, all his smiles reach his eyes, they light up like a Christmas tree. "Yeah, it's wild man. So... You're not scared that I'll curse you with my freakish ways" he playfully raised an eyebrow at me. I sighed "yeah, you couldn't scare me if you tried Munson." I scribbled some quote down from Lady Macbeth. "And why is that... l/n" he said, imitating my english accent. "Because you're just a harmless dungeon master who, by the way he smells, is a stoner on the side." He smirked at me and chuckled lightly. "Very astute observation," just then Mrs whatever announced the next part of class.

At lunch I sat alone, like always. Not popular enough for the cheerleaders, not nerdy enough for the nerds. So I slip on my walkman and nod my head minutely to the sound of Queen. Until I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Sit with us" the voice said, I looked up and it was Eddie. "I don't think Dustin and Mike would appreciate that, I'll make friends some day" I said. "I'll handle them, come on" he grabbed my hand and dragged me over. "Men, this is y/n," was a the introduction I got before I sat quickly next to Mike. "Y/n we had an agreement!" Dustin shout-whispered. "I tried to tell him! He just dragged me!" I said, "I'm sorry, just for this lunch I promise" then Eddie started to speak.

He started by reading out a magazine and pointing out its hypocrisy. He then stood on the table, very bravely I might add, and pointed out all the cliques in school and why is he the freak just because his clique is different? He goes on about graduation and how he's going to 'flip the bird' to the principal. Whilst this is going on, the whole club is entranced in what he's saying, I can't blame them, I was under the spell too. Something about Eddie Munson intrigued me. And it wasn't just the hair.

Then Mike and Dustin talked about postponing the game and he refused. Said Lucas had gone to the dark side.
"Y/n what about you?" Eddie innocently asked. "No, sorry Eddie. I don't even remember the rules of the game" I tried lamely. "So what? You'll go to the basketball instead?" he asked, sounding hurt. "No, I'll just go home I guess" I don't want to take over Dustin's thing.  "Come on y/n, don't be a spoil sport. The boys can't compete without you" he sailed on. "Eddie, they'll find a replacement. I'm sorry I've got to go." I got up and left.

For the rest of lunch I went into the forest by the table out there. I sat down and quietly sang along to Freddie Mercury whilst fantasizing about Eddie Munson and his glorious hair.

I went home after school. I assumed that Dustin and Mike found a replacement. I turned on my sound system and did some homework to pass the time. Some thing about Eddie really shakes me up. In a good way though. I think it's his smile, he has a glorious smile.