movies and chill

Waking up the next morning there was a kink in my neck and my back hurt. But seeing Eddie next to me made it worth it. During the night he put me on the floor and slept next to me. It was sweet, he could've gone to the sleeping bag and left me alone but he didn't. He stayed. I looked at his face to find him looking back at me. "Oh, hi" I said, flushed and flustered as he caught me staring. "Hi" he extended the 'i' sound to tease me. "Good morning baby" I said, shifting over to cuddle with him. "Hmm, 'baby' that's a new one" he said in his tired, soft voice. "Bad one?" I asked. "No, I like it" he said with a sigh. I smiled.

Eddie Munson liked pet names, he liked getting high and he liked being cuddled and kissed. I hate that the world labeled him a freak and murderer when he wouldn't hurt anyone, let alone a cute little cheerleader who was just looking to escape reality for a bit. Okay so, he's a bit strange, with his silly faces and his dnd but he's not harmful. Not in the slightest.

"This floor is killing my back" he said, I nodded and grimaced. "Could we like go in the house? Just on the couch just for a few hours and if anyone comes I can send them away. Please Ed?" He bit his lip in thinking, I could see he was hesitating. "We don't have to, sorry it was a stupid idea" I said, sitting up. "No, it's not stupid. I'm just so... terrified. I don't want to be taken into jail, I don't want my uncle to have to live with that. It's not his fault" I reached over and held his hand. "I know. I know. It'll all be over soon, they'll figure out what vecna is and how to destroy it. Okay?" He nodded and stood up. "Let's go" he said and held his hand out for me, which I gladly took.

"What is this mess?" He asked, referring to the empty crisp packet and the snuffed out joint I lit. I must have accidentally spilt some crisps on the couch. "That was to look like I was doing something when Jason came" I said, like it was nothing at all. "So, what? You acted high? Giving it the whole 'hey dudes nahh I'm just chillin' routine" he sniffed obscenely, I laughed and slapped his chest. "Hey, I didn't go to acting lessons for nothing you know! I even invited him in to smoke with me, he declined." He laughed heartily, making me smile. "Those acting skill would have come in handy at lunch the other day, sweetheart. Your performance was definitely unconvincing" he said as he stuffed a crisp in his mouth. "Yeah, well. This 'performance' had something else at steak, didn't it." My voice cracked a bit but I don't think he noticed. "Yeah" was his only reply. But we both know it was more than that, something unspoken was happening between us.

"Hey Ed?" I asked. We were watching a film, something I wasn't paying attention to because my mind was racing. "Yeah, princess?" He turned his face to me. "What is this?" I asked, he raised his eyebrow at me to explain further. "Like, what are we doing? Are we, you know..." I found it hard to ask what I actually wanted to ask. "Well, we are... You know" he replied teasingly. "Ed. I'm serious." I said. "I know sweetheart" he sighed and rubbed his face. "Look, I like you y/n. But I don't know how long I have left. We can't stay here forever and I love your optimism but I can't say that I don't feel like it's going to work out the way you, Dustin, Steve and Robin want it to. Okay? I like this. I like having this. But I don't know how or when it's going to go wrong." I nodded with tears in my eyes, I would not cry in front of him. "So that's it? You're going to... Give up? On me? On what could've been us?" I asked moving away from him. "No, not give up. Never give up. But y/n can we really put a label on it without knowledge of the future?" He put his hand on mine. "Isn't that what all relationships are?" I asked, moving back further. "I suppose so but y/n" the words died on his tongue. "I thought you were never one to do things half way" I got up and started walking. "Don't walk away y/n please" he said, still sat down. "Isn't that what you're doing here Ed?" And with that I walked into Reefer Rick's bedroom and shut the door.

I lied down on the bed and turned around. I can't believe this, he's walking away from me. I understand to an extent but the other part of me was just angry at him. And his stupid hair. I mean, everything in my life now revolved around him, I was hiding him from the police, I was getting high with him. I was in love with him. And he basically rejected me.

I layed there for a while longer until there was a knock at the door. "Y/n?" He asked. I sniffed and said "yeah?" I could hear him shuffling outside. "Can I come in?" He asked. "Yeah" I agreed. "Y/n look I didn't mean what I think I implied." He said, sitting on the bed, my back was to him. "What you implied was that you're not interested in committing to anything, which actually implies that your open to other people. I mean, you liked Chrissy didn't you? You were... Interested in her, right?" I knew it was a bad idea to bring Chrissy up but I had to know.

"I mean, she was nice, easy to talk to. But to date? No. Well, maybe, but I'd have to spend a lot of time with her first. She's not you. Hell, no one is you. Except you." He said. "I'm not interested in anyone else, okay? If that's what you thought then there was some serious miscommunication going on. No one else, only you" I sat up and looked at him. "Then why are you so hesitant?" I asked. "I just don't want me to be thrown in jail and for you to visit me once a month because your freak boyfriend murdered a cheer leader okay?" He sighed and lied down next to me. "You're not going to get caught. Okay? I won't let you. And I swear to God if I hear you call yourself a freak again I'm going to kill you, Munson." He laughed lightly. "I'm just relaying what everyone will say" he said with a self deprecating smile. "I don't care about everyone, Ed. I care about you" I put my hand lightly on his shoulder and rubbed it in circles. "So... We good?" He asked. "Yeah, 'we good'" we smiled together. "Nice" he kissed me once again.

"Hey Eddie? Can we watch Rocky Horror next?" I asked. "Rocky Horror? Never watched it" he confessed. I gasped as dramatically as Eddie would "Well, there's one way we can fix that!" I searched through Rick's video collection, for how expensive these damn things were he sure did own a lot. "Aha!!" I exclaimed and pulled it out. "Who knew the drug dealer liked 70's cult classic musicals, I would swear blind back home that I was the only one who actually bought a copy with money" I smiled and put it in the player.

"This is certainly an experience" Eddie said, whilst frank chase Janet around the building. "Yeah! Franks super hot" I said. "You want me to dress like that? With the high heels and fishnets? Does that turn you on princess?" I'm sure he expected me to laugh but all I could do was look away. "Yeah? Is that it? I've hit it straight on, huh? Would that be hot?" He kissed my cheek. "Yeah? Is that it?" He trailed kisses down my neck. "Eddie" I breathed heavily. "Yes?" He replied still kissing my neck. "Oh god" I whimpered. I turned my head so nice could kiss him head on. "You're missing the movie" I whispered. "You little tease" he replied. I curled up next to him and tried to calm my heart rate right down. Jesus, he really is going to be the death of me.