boathouse

Eddie fell asleep on me and I couldn't have been happier. He clearly didn't sleep last night and I was relived he felt comfortable enough to do so with me around. I saw the gang left the food by the door.

God I was in much deeper shit than I thought. I think I'm in love with Eddie Munson, who is now wanted by the police and currently on the run. Who hid under tarp in a boat. Who ran a stupid little nerdy club called hellfire. Who has a very good music taste... Who was now practically curled up on my lap like a house cat.

Suddenly he bolted up right and was breathing very heavily. "Ed! Eddie! Shh. It's okay. You're okay, you're safe, I've got you, you're safe." He was crying again. "oh god y/n, I-" he just sobbed. "Here, drink something," I got up and went to get bottles of water. He took it gratefully and sipped at it.

"Nightmare?" I asked, he nodded. "It was Chrissy again, except she took me with her and all my bone started breaking too, man" he sighed and leaned back against the wall. "It's okay, they'll stop soon. I promise" I leaned against the wall as well. "Cuz now you're here to protect me with your superpowers?" I smiled. "Precisely" he laughed lightly. "So, have you always been able to do it?" He asked. "The mind shit? Yeah. I was basically born in a lab in England. Surrounded by scientists. Until they shipped me over here to hawkins lab, but I never got to the lab. I'm basically a lost piece of mail" I sighed dramatically and he laughed. "Sounds like you've been through some shit there l/n. I'm sorry for that" he said. "It's not your fault Munson. Still, I'm like a fucking superhero out here. Can make shit happen with my brain, dude." I laughed bitterly.

"How come you ran away. At lunch." He said out of no where. "You know, your table, your club, it's Dust's thing. All he asked of me was that I didn't interfere with his friends. And he knew that- knew that I didn't have friends or anything. I tried to make friends but I never really got anywhere. So when you asked about joining the hellfire club even just for the night and I didn't have a good excuse I just ran. I'm sorry, Eddie. I did want to join. I just feel like I've taken over his life. You know moving in, same school, now same friends? But he seems okay with it now." I confessed. "I'm your friend though, right? I mean why else would you stay here instead of going?" he asked. "Yeah, exactly. We're friends" I said. I just wish we were more, my brain supplied. "Good!" he said.

"Ughhhh!!!!" Eddie exclaimed. "What? What's wrong" I asked, not getting up. "I'm bored!" he flung his arms up dramatically. "Well, what do you want me to do about it??" I asked. "I don't knowwww!! Do you wanna get high??" he asked. "Not sure if that's a great idea Ed. I mean we're supposed to be hiding, what if they see the smoke? Or smell it? I mean the cops could be anywhere" I tried to reason. "What did you call me?" he asked with a teasing smile. "What do you mean?" I replied, confused. "You called me 'Ed'" he said with a shit eating grin. "I've called you that a few times now, I didn't think you'd mind. Sorry" I fiddled with my hands for a bit. "Well, the times you've called me that I was very unhinged and hysterical. But I don't mind it. Sweetheart." and I just about fucking swooned. I sighed and looked at him and he looked at me just the same with that damn smile. "You're going to be the death of me, Munson" we both chuckled.

"Why don't we spy on some people? You said you found me, right. With your mind shit." I laughed loudly and nodded. "okay who do you wanna spy on?" He smiled softly. "My uncle. I need to know he is okay" he said. "Do you have a picture of him?" I asked, he nodded and brought one out of his wallet, which I thought was cute. "Okay" I put on my blind fold. I saw a man sitting in a trailer with his hand on his head. He whispered "I know you didn't do it Eddie. I know you didn't", it brought a tear to my eye. Slowly I took the blind fold off. "He's okay. He misses you though, he knows you didn't kill her. He believes in you" I put my hand on his shoulder. "Yeah, I'm glad he's okay, you know?" I nodded. "Anyone else?" I asked. "nah I'm tired of that" I laughed, he had the attention span of a 5 year old.

"I was thinking, I mean when you told me about your- uh abilities. You called yourself a freak" he spoke hesitantly. "I mean isn't that what I am? How many other people do you know is able to do what I can. It's not a gift really it's cool but I've had to go through some shit because of it. So yeah, I guess I'm a freak" I said, speaking honestly. "You are not a freak y/n. God I hate that word." he got up and started almost performing. "Everywhere I go it's 'look there goes the freak!' Or 'Eddie the freak Munson, crowd around everyone, come see the freak' I hate it! Just because I'd rather escape reality for a few hours." He flailed his hands around wildly. I stood up and went over to him.

"Eddie, you are not a freak. Okay? You're not! You're kind, and caring and the funniest guy I've ever met. If you're a freak what the fuck am I? Hey?" I punched him in the arm lightly. "You're special" he whispered lightly. He tucked a piece of hair being my ear. I chanced a look up at him to see him looking in my eyes. "Ed-" I gasped. "Yeah" he replied. We were suspended in time, it felt like the only noises in the world was our soft breathes and simultaneous heart beats. He leaned down slightly, I closed my eyes and leaned up. Our mouths caught is a kiss. The earth stopped spinning for just a second as our mouths danced. This was perfection. "Ed, I wouldn't kiss a freak" he laughed lightly and kissed me again.