vi. punk!

chapter six

chapter six .  .  . punk!

       NANCY ALMOST IMMEDIATELY NOTICED JOSIE'S MISSING PRESENCE, causing her to go into a frenzy of panic that she might've gone missing just beside them. But, her panic only settled into confusion when seeing Josie's foot disappear into the hole agape at the bottom of the tree that she had crawled into.

Emerging into the new opening of the dimension, Josie's eyes scattered around — it was an exact replica of the woods she had just been in, except it was more ghastly. The sounds reaching her ears sounded far from animal-like, things seeming more distinct, the sound of chumbling and whimpers of pain came from beside her — much similar like the harmed deer they had found.

Her head involuntarily turned at the sound, but immediately regretted it. The teenager felt herself freeze in her spot, her breathing picking up and her stomach twisting in horror. Further ahead, a monster stood hunching over the dead body of the deer, gnawing away at its flesh, completely oblivious to the Henderson girl stood only a couple feet away. Without hesitation, Josie twisted her body promptly behind a tree, squeezing her eyes shut, trying to keep her heavy breathing at bay, contemplating on what to do.

"Josie? Josie?" Her eyes snapped open at the sound of Nancy's voice whispering out to her. The two girl's met eyes, the Wheeler girl ready to open her mouth to call out for the girl until Josie shook her head in warning gesturing over to the creature they had been searching for this whole time. The same feeling started to rise within Nancy, her eyes widening, as she slowly took a step forward toward her friend. Taking another step, the silence broke by the snapping of a twig under Nancy's shoe, the snap loud enough for the monster to whip around at the sound and to screech at the sight of the Wheeler girl.

Without thought, the two friends ran out in a sprint, adrenaline coursing through their veins, getting out of that death trap the only thing being on their minds. Even though it was the same woods they had just left, being in an alternate dimension made finding their way back impossible.

Jonathan's urgent voice came to their ears, sounding distant almost like an echo, giving the girls' hope that they would find their way back to their world. Coming to a halt for a moment felt like an eternity as somehow the monster had caught up to them, letting out a blood-curdling screech. Josie didn't hesitate to grab onto Nancy's hand, speeding into a direction away from the creature. "Nancy! Josie! Follow my voice!" Came Jonathan's yell.

Josie felt no longer in control of her own legs, they were moving so fast she just let them carry her. But, she felt something wrapping around her ankle, yanking her down to the ground with a thud as a scream left her mouth as she was dragged into the direction she was running from. Nancy no longer being in her eyesight only gave her hope she got the hell out of there.