vii. code red

chapter seven

chapter seven .  .  . code red

      THE THREE TEENS WERE NOW STUCK IN THE POLICE STATION, waiting for Jim Hopper and Joyce Byers to arrive, which seemed like any second now. Unfortunately, they were told they wouldn't be leaving anytime soon so now they were putting full hope into Hopper that he would be more understanding enough to let them go.

The Henderson girl sat with her leg bouncing up and down while she huffed her cheeks out. She couldn't help but wonder if the Party was safe. It made her anxious that she had received total silence and had no choice but to wait patiently for her walkie-talkie to start crackling in hopes of them attempting to reach out.

"Is your hand okay?" Nancy looked at Josie with concern on her face, eyeing her purple adorned knuckles with an ice pack over them, that was slightly swollen after punching Tommy. H in the nose.

"It's been better..." Josie could hardly move her hand but the punch into the boy's face was long awaited. "Totally worth it though." She joked, receiving a small smile from Nancy.

"Hey." The teenager's perked up at the sound of Joyce's alerted voice, "Jonathan? Jesus, what...what happened? Why is he wearing handcuffs?"

Callahan got up from his desk chair, "Well, your boy assaulted a police officer. That's why."

"Take them off." She demanded.

"I am afraid I cannot do that."

"Take them off!" Joyce was having none of it, repeating her words to the officer.

"You heard her. Take 'em off." Hopper demanded the two officers.

"Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to know." Officer Powell stood up, cocking his head over to the window. Just in the small parking lot sat Jonathan's car, packed to the brim with weapons in his trunk.

Josie's eyes widened when Hopper had entered with his hands holding the box of their supplies for their monster hunt. He plopped it onto the table in front of the three teens, waiting for an explanation to the multiple weapons they had managed to collect.

"What is this?" Joyce peeked into the box, bewildered.

"Why don't you ask your son? We found it in his car." Hopper plainly said, sternly look at the teens.

Jonathan sat forward, angrily. "Why are you going through my car?"

Hopper placed his hands onto the table, standing tall. "Is that really a question you should be asking right now? I wanna see you in my office."