Part VI - 𝑅𝑒𝑑𝑓𝑖𝑒𝑙𝑑 𝐿𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑒

𝐿𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟

𝐵𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑎'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣:

JJ was telling Kie and Pope everything that happened when John B remembered we could go to our father's office.

"I've slept over here like 600 times and I've never seen this door open." Pope says as we get in.

John B picked something and placed it in the desk.

"This is the original owner, right here." John B says pointing at a picture of a man.

"Okay, Robert Q. Routledge, 1880 to 1920. There's the lucky compass, right here." Kie says.

"Actually um, he was shot after he bought it. Then the compass was shipped back to Henry. Henry was killed in a crop-dusting accident when he had the compass." John B says. "After he died the compass was given to Stephen."

"Stephen had the compass with him when he died in Vietnam." John B continues.

"Such a coincidence, isn't it?" I say sarcastically, making John B give me a death glare.

"Let me guess, he died in action, right?" JJ asks.

"Sort of. Actually, he was killed by a banana truck, in country." John B says.

"Anyways, after that Stephen passed the compass down to him. My dad." he finishes.

"Our dad." I correct.

"Hm. Sound like there's a reoccuring theme here." JJ says.

"Yeah, you have a death compass." Pope says.

"That's what I'm saying." I agree with them.

"I do not." John B says.

"Get rid of it. It's cursed and made it's way back to you." JJ says.

"Look, my dad used to talk about this compartment in here. Soldiers used it to hide secret notes." John B says and then opens that compartment.

For my surprise there was something written in it that wasn't there before.

"Wait what is that?" I ask.

"That wasn't there before." John B says.

"No shit. I had no idea." I say ironically.

"When did I allow you to say that?" John B asks looking at me.

I just rolled my eyes making John B slap me slightly in my head.

"Anyways, this is my dad's handwriting." John B says looking back at the compass.

"How can you know that?" Pope asks.

"Because he used to do these weird R's with the- see it?" I say pointing at the compass.

"Can I see it?" JJ asks.

"Red- Rout- No I think that's an A." JJ tries to read.

"It says Redfield." Kie says with no difficulty.

"Right." JJ says.

"Okay, well, what's Redfield?" Kie asks.

"Besides the most common name in the country." Pope says.

"Oh maybe- maybe it's a clue.Maybe it's a clue to where he's hiding." John B says.

"John B..." I say.

"A clue? Come on that's-" Pope says being interrupted by Kie giving him a signal to stop.

"But if it's a clue, maybe it's an anagram?" Pope says.