Chapter 11

LISA

When I woke up this morning the feelings I had from Eric's blood were gone.

I got up and took a shower. After that I got ready for school, drank some blood and ran outside. Yesterday, I hadn't done much after I got the blood, I took the bus back to my apartment and called my father there before I went to sleep. He said he would come sometime within the next week. Whether anything would actually come of it remained open.

It wasn't until I was standing in front of the empty driveway that I remembered that my car was still at the school, since Jisoo took me yesterday. Actually, for better or for worse, I could have taken the bus. But after a quick glance at the clock, I realized that I was way too late for that.

So I had two options, either I skipped and that was on my second day of school, or... or I asked Rosé if she could pick me up. I sighed and picked up my phone and typed a short message. Less than five minutes later, a blue car was parked in front of me.

"Hey, Lali!" She called me from the car and I rolled my eyes. It was clear that it wouldn't be long before the first people gave me a nickname.

"Hello." I greeted back trying to be friendly, after all she had picked me up and freed me from my predicament. I got into her car and she drove off, not without talking of course.

"I was really scared yesterday, when I texted you that I kind of stole your number, you didn't text me back and I thought you were mad at me." She began. "So I was really relieved when you called me this morning."

"No, it's okay. I wasn't mad but ask next time." I replied. I really didn't feel like the topic, so I left it at that. She nodded vigorously and then pulled into the parking lot.

-

The rest of the school day was fairly uneventful. I tried to avoid Jennie and her fans as much as possible, ignoring her in class and everything else went smoothly. During the break I did my homework in the library and studied a bit for a history test that our teacher was going to write soon.

I was just about to get to my car to finally drive home after Rosé hadn't let me go for almost a full half hour when someone grabbed my arm. I turned and saw none other than... Eric.

Since he wasn't supposed to remind sick of yesterday, at least not really, I was confused for a brief moment until he started to speak.

"Hey, so... ehm... I know we don't know each other but..." He stuttered helplessly and scratched his neck. "Could it be that... I've seen you before?"

I chose to act normally, so I said innocent. "Maybe. I'm new here, there's a lot of talk about you."

"Yes, that must have been it." He murmured uncertainly and rubbed his neck again.

I looked at it a little more closely and then recognized the two puncture marks on my canine teeth from yesterday, which must have been itchy. He himself seemed a little pale, but that was all okay, especially considering that I almost killed him.

"Yeah, well bye then." I said goodbye quickly when he didn't drink anything else and made it into the car without being held up any further. I started it and drove home.

When I got home, I sat down on the couch and read the book we are currently discussing in English. Since I didn't feel anything and therefore couldn't really empathize with people, reading was pretty monotonous for people like me, i.e. vampires. On the other hand, I didn't have anything better to do and I needed it for school, so it was actually quite oaky.

-

By the time I finished reading the book, it was already evening. Six o'clock. Various possibilities ran in my head as to what else I could do and finally I had the idea that I could go to a club. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to suck blood from any guy, I had promised Jennie that, but there was nothing wrong with a little fun. Just dance and kill time a little.

It's not forbidden after all.