CHAPTER 2

To ensure that it is safe outside. Laevis send some veins through the ground to sense any sign of life.

She was still holding Von in her arms tightly while her cheeks were wet because of non-stop crying. She feels hopeless and furious at the same time. Her body was shivering in the cold but inside was burning up.

Von was sleeping tightly. He woke up when that guy opened the door but Laevis made him sleep back using her essence to soothe his mind. They were fortunate. . . at least. But her father and brother weren't. She knows something like this was supposed to happen as her father and brother always remind her to be strong whenever they were gone outside the lab. Laevis knew it has a deeper meaning. 

Her father was always been good to her. His words were always in Laevis's mind and heart, however, her brother, Cedric was neither. Unlike her father, Cedric could be ruthless with her sometimes. Especially her survival lesson. Inside the lab, there was no professional teacher. The only thing that taught her things were his brother's real-life lessons, her father's words, and the wisdom of the book it contains.

Upon scanning the lab through the veins of the leaves. When she didn't sense anything. . . her breathing almost stopped.

It was. . . heartbreaking. She hoped yet only to find out her heart was crushed late. It was like huge chains are tightening her heart crushing it into tiny pieces. She was just talking happily a while ago. Her brother was teasing her. . . but even his breath, she couldn't feel it anymore. She thought he was strong. She thought he could easily destroy someone through his telepathic powers. . . she was wrong. They are still weak in front of a gun. Their powers couldn't penetrate the greed of mankind.

She slowly pushes the door of the compartment. She was contemplating to whether bring Von while looking for her brother's body but it was still dangerous. Von's power is very special. No one doesn't desire to fly and soar in the sky. Everyone will fight for him to get his powers.

She looked at her hand, green dust appear in her palm as she stares at her palm and move her fingers. Her father always reminds her to not use her power and now she knows the reason why her father said that.

The earth is dying, her power will bring back the earth as she spread her veins everywhere.

"But this power will only be meant to protect Von. I care less about humankind," she said in a stern voice and clench her fist.

She get out of the compartment and decided to leave Von inside along with some plants to make him sleep comfortably. She crawled out and when she stood up in front of the door, she couldn't move for a while.

What if they are still there and my veins couldn't sense them? I am still weak, I can't even control my veins properly. I can't absorb them back. What if I am next? What about, Von?

She glances at her bed and imagines her death. A sudden leaf sprung from the ground and unexpectedly slap her. She was surprised. How did it happen?

If I helped my brother, will he still be alive? Am I too kind to follow his words? What if, I didn't? Maybe I would be a great help. . . a tear running down her cheeks.

What's the point of regretting, Ria? It's already happening. You may have the power to bring back our world but you don't have the power to bring back the time.

Laevis took a deep deep breath before destroying the door with only a blink of her eye. She became persistent. Her sorrow and regrets couldn't match her outrage. It was that point, she thought that she wouldn't help humans. She thought that everything has its end, and she wouldn't interfere with it.

That day, Laevis's heart become stone cold. That day change her into a different person. It feels like she had woken up from a long dream. She became determined to survive and avenge what should be avenged. She thought of not displaying her weakness anymore. She wants to nurture her power through her own sweat and hard work. Someday, the world will talk about her.

She left the lab while carrying Von in her arms. When she got out she wasn't surprised at all. The earth was engulfed with red dust. Everything she stepped in is not the soft ground from what the book says. It was a dried desert as if she was walking in Hell. Dead trees, remains of any living organism, ruined buildings, and the visible tracks from the vehicle the hitmen used to destroy what she considers her family's fortress, are what derange her more. Nevertheless, to keep herself and Von safe from the extreme heat of the surrounding, she used her power to create a barrier.

Every time she will take a step, a luminous grassy spot emerged to keep her feet protected from the ground. The bizarre surrounding kept Laevis in thought.

"This situation didn't kill all humans. All humans were the guardians of nature, but instead of doing their duties responsibly, they didn't use their heads. They brought this hell upon us. Now, that nature lives within me. I will be the JUDGEMENT." Laevis whispered with wrath.

"The healing of the world will be completely  the downfall of humanity."