3 / the lakehouse

Darkness had fallen, the moon a thin sliver that offered none of its usual silvery light

       Darkness had fallen, the moon a thin sliver that offered none of its usual silvery light. Juniper, Steve, Robin, Dustin and Max were walking from the car, clutching flashlights as leaves crunched under their feet outside the deathly quiet lake house. Juniper shivered in the cold air of the spring evening, starting to feel uneasy about the venture they were on.

Dustin rang the doorbell, the familiar sound echoing against the trees and water around them. "Eddie? It's Dustin!" No movement could be heard inside, so he rang again, before knocking repeatedly.

Juniper flashed her torch into the nearest window, peering in to try and spot any sign of the infamous metal head and possible murderer. There were bottles strewn over an unkempt dining room, but that was all as far as she could see.

"Hey guys? Look at this." Came Max's voice, her torch shining a beam down the side of 'Reefer Rick's' home. There was some sort of metal cabin or shed, like the kind of thing from a slasher movie. Juniper was starting to wish she was back at home, completing her usual routine of watching horror flicks, rather than partaking in them.

Robin pushed open the door, calling out a "Hello?" as a metallic creak sounded through the darkness.

"What a dump." Stated Steve, his lip curling up at the musty smell and rusted tools lying haphazardly across the floor.

Juniper kicked a shard of broken beer bottle across the concrete, nodding her head. "Yeah, this is a shithole. Even for Munson's standards."

A few empty plastic wrappers were sprawled on a counter, Max shining her torch on them. "Someone was here."

"You think he heard us and ran off?" Replied Robin, her voice lowering to a whisper. It certainly didn't help that Steve was attacking sheets of tarp with a dusty boating oar he found on the floor.

A large bang and a flurry of movement sent a wave of screams and shouts round the room, a dark figure emerging from the tarp and pinning Steve to the wall, the other half of the broken beer bottle held to his neck. There was no doubt that it was Eddie Munson himself.

"WOAH WOAH WOAH! EDDIE IT'S ME! IT'S- it's Dustin!" The younger Henderson shrieked, waving his hands either to try and calm Eddie or out of pure shock. "And that's Steve! He won't hurt you, will you Steve?"

Steve dropped the old oar reluctantly, but Eddie only pressed the jagged edge of the bottle closer to his neck.

"Holy shit, he's actually crazy-" muttered Juniper under her breath, sharing a concerned look with Robin.

Dustin continued to explain that he was here to help, but Eddie didn't seem to be taking it in. Juniper noticed the frightened expression on his face, and thin sheen of sweat across his brow. He looked completely different from the day before when they had been at Hellfire. Eventually, he let go of Steve, retreating into a corner.