5 / skull rock

Eddie Munson had seen Halloween more times than he could count

Eddie Munson had seen Halloween more times than he could count. He liked slasher films, metal bands, D&D, his clothes. He also liked girls.

Juniper Henderson infuriated him. She always had a sharp remark or witty response to his teases, and even more annoyingly, she was beautiful. The kind of pretty that was unusual but striking; a little bit too good to be true.

Feeling a slight thump, he dragged his eyes away from the gory depictions on the television, seeing that the girl in question had dozed off.

Eddie went stiff, not knowing if he should wake her up, push her off or put an arm around her. He cursed under his breath. Usually he was good with girls; he knew how to flirt, and had a pretty successful love life, even it was only hookups. No one actually wanted to date the freak of Hawkins high.

Juniper looked tired. She had purple bags staining the pale skin under her eyes, and her face was colourless. A few strands of hair had slipped out around hair face, so Eddie brushed them behind her ear cautiously.

She stirred as a final scream echoed from the TV, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

"You fell asleep." Eddie spoke, confused by his own actions. "Only for a little while, though."

"I feel like shit." Juniper responded, her head pounding.

"You look it." He returned with a smirk.

She scowled at him, patting down her frizzy hair. "Wow, aren't you good with the ladies!"

Juniper stood up, stretching her legs out with a groan. She didn't feel like mentioning the fact she'd fallen asleep on his shoulder.

An hour later, and the two teens were sat back on the couch picking at a bowl of spaghetti-o's.

"This is the last of any food I have. You know when Dustin's coming back?" Eddie complained, shoving a spoonful of the pasta shapes in his mouth.

"I don't think he even has plans to." June snickered.

Eddie groaned, before jumping off the sofa. The girl stared at him confused, until he picked up the familiar walkie-talkie Dustin had left for emergencies. Surprisingly, it was Nancy who picked up the other side.

"Wheeler! Hey!" Eddie grinned, running back for another spoonful of spaghetti-o's. "I'm gonna need a food delivery- like really soon. Juniper's eating me out of house and home-"

Nancy muttered something about being there soon, ignoring Eddies request for a six-pack, and hung up as he was still speaking. Juniper snorted.
"That's called karma." She grinned, Eddie glaring right back.

"Why are you even here, Henderson, shouldn't you be off solving Vecnas curse with the rest of mystery-inc?"

Juniper shrugged, taking the final spoonful. "Dustin never gave me a walkie-talkie, I have no clue where he is or what they're up too. So instead, you get to enjoy my company!"

Eddies eyes narrowed, scoffing slightly. "Whatever you say, Junebug."

~

After what felt like days of watching Reefer Ricks many Cheech and Chong comedy specials, Eddie and Juniper heard a car out front.

"Who the hell is that?" He questioned, spinning his rings nervously.

Moving over to look out the window, Juniper spotted the worst possible visitors. Jason Carver, followed by the rest of his basketball goons.

"Shit! We need to get out of here." She whispered, pulling the plug from the TV.

The two rushed over to the back door, creeping out to the boat house with heavy breaths. Peering back out at the lake house, they could see Jason entering, ransacking the place in hope of finding Eddie.

"Dustin? Please! You there?" Eddie whispered nervously, only receiving the static crinkling in response.

"Hey- Eddie?" Juniper grimaced, eyes locked on the rotting boat they slept in the other night. "I think I have a better plan..."

~

The boat just about functioned, floating across the water looking a bit pathetic. Juniper and Eddie were crouched down, attempting to steer with the oar without causing too much noise. The water was icy, making the girl shiver at the possibility of falling in. Unfortunately, their attempt at quiet rowing didn't quite work.

"Hey freak!" Jason Carvers voice was so loud the two teens almost toppled into the lake.

A plethora of curses filled the boat, Eddie yanking at the electric motor without much luck. Jason had removed his shoes, and was now in the water and swimming alarmingly fast.

"Give it up! Use the oar!" Juniper snapped, trying to keep the boat balanced with all the movement.

Eddie began rowing, splashing the freezing water onto himself and the girl sat beside him, Jason right behind them like a shadow. His friend was in the water too, but was just floating there with a frightened expression on his face. Juniper started to feel uneasy- a strange sensation making her feel frozen in fear. The boy, Patrick, was suddenly dragged under the dark water, before shooting up out of the waves and floating in the air.

Juniper shrieked, falling back onto Eddie, both of them slipping into the cold water. They resurfaced a moment later, watching in horror as Patrick's bones began to snap, wet cracking bouncing off the water, until he finally fell down, undoubtedly dead.

She swam back over to the boat, desperately trying to climb back in as Jason rushed out of the water. Eddie managed to haul himself up the other side, grabbing Junes hand and pulling her into the boat. In frightened silence, they rowed back to shore, shivering and soaked.

~

"Where are we going?"

Juniper had been following Eddie through the woods for almost half an hour, every crack of a twig or crunch of a leaf making her jump. He didn't respond, and she sighed, feeling tired and hungry.

Eventually, he stopped in front of an all too familiar Hawkins landmark.

"You know, I don't really feel like right now is the best time to make out." Juniper spoke, recalling the few times she'd been taken to skull rock.

Eddies ears turned red, and he crouched into the gap in the rock.

"This was just- the only place I could think of." He muttered, gesturing to the spot next to him.

Juniper sat pressed up against him, trying to conserve any amount of body heat.

"You know, we sleep together a lot." She mentioned, snuggling further into both Eddie and the corner.

He turned to face her, eyebrows raised. Her eyes widened in realisation and she shook her head aggressively.

"Not like that! Don't be a freak." The girl scorned, flushing slightly.

Eddie smirked, throwing his arm round her shoulders. "Whatever you say, sweetheart."

~

eddie kiss me challenge <3 and pls keep commenting ! it motivates me to write ✍🏻