6 / the gate

The following morning, Eddie was gone

The following morning, Eddie was gone. Juniper dragged herself off the floor, soggy and cold, looking around in hope that he was still around somewhere.

"Eddie?" She called out cautiously, trying not to remember the previous night.

"I'm back, stop yelling!" To her luck, he appeared from between the trees, clutching a walkie-talkie she didn't recognise. "I stole this so we can get through to Dustin, or anyone for that matter."

Juniper scowled at his attitude, but felt comforted none the less. Sitting on a tree stump, she watched him speak into the walkie-talkie, somehow getting through to her brother.

"Eddie, holy shit are you okay! Is my sister with you?" Dustin's voice crackled through the speaker.

"Nah man- pretty god damn far from okay. And yeah, Juniper's with me." Eddie responded, rubbing his hands over his face in exasperation. "We're at skull rock. You know it?"

"Hold tight. We're coming."

Juniper watched as Eddies head hung low, realising how severe this situation was for him. His whole life was on the line because of Chrissy's death; the police and townspeople were after him and looking for blood. She stood up, walking over and hovering behind him, before wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

"I'm sorry this is happening to you, Eddie." She murmured, genuinely.

"Thanks, June."

~

"There she is, Henderson! Skull rock! In your face man, in your cocky little face-"

Juniper would recognise that intolerable voice anywhere.

She rushed over to the voices, grinning at the sight of her brother and his weird choice of a friend. "Steve! Dustin!"

Eddie followed after the girl, Dustin wrapping him into a hug.
"We thought you were a goner, man." The younger boy spoke. "Also, should I question why you chose to hide at skull rock with my sister, kinda weird if you ask me..."

Juniper nodded in agreement. "That's what I said!"

Eddie shut them both up with a glare.

~

Eddie relayed the horrific story to the gang once everyone arrived, a worried tension filling the air.

"The walkie was busted, completely drenched. There was no way we could have called you."

Nancy questioned the time of the attack, the boy in question throwing his broken watch at her. Turns out, 9:27 was was the same time some flashlights had gone haywire the night before. Juniper tried to focus on the ridiculously complicated matter of their situation, but Dustin was pacing back and forth abnormally loudly.