chapter 1

Maria's pov

I was watching CNN having my legs stretched on the table in the center of my small living room and sitted on probably the most comfortable soft couch I've ever owned in my favourite blue night gown with a bowl of popcorn in my hand. What a feeling of freedom. My hair was as messy as hell but I didn't care because I was obviously the only one living in my small  apartment and enjoying my own company since that's what I do best.

The sound of my television was the only thing that echoed around the house, I loved it. I loved the feeling of being alone, me in my couch was the best and only way to get away from the world's people and their shenangans. But I definitely loved my bed the most. If it were possible for me, I would love to live in the space where no humans are lol.

Soon after, the door bell interrupted my peaceful evening.

"Omg" I screamed lazily.

I dragged myself to the door not wanting to stand up from my couch in the first place. I opened my door and luck being stolen, there was nobody there. I almost grew horns from how angry I became.

My eyes travelling to the ground and it caught sight of a white envelope. I took it up looking around to see who must have dropped it there, I opened it slowly and it read

Follow my driver, Liam.
I want you here.
                                                       Jeremiah

I looked over at Liam who was parked opposite my house and waved at me when he caught my eyes glancing at him.

I ran over to him not caring how messy I look at the moment closing my door behind me.

"Is Jeremy fine?" I asked him

"Yes, he is ma'am" he answered already opening the Bentley mulsanne back seat and gesturing with his hand for me to enter.

I immediately entered the car. I didn't feel too comfortable because I was alone with someone I wasn't very familiar with. I always feel this way most times. But I ignored myself instead.

After about 25 minutes ride, we got to our destination, and I made sure not to utter a word throughout the ride since that was almost the easiest job to give me.

Liam got out before me and opened the door for me, gesturing with his hands to follow the the lady who was standing outside the building sending me smile.  There was another lady, standing close to her but she was holding a bunch of rose flower.

"I'm sorry, why are we here" I asked Liam in a very low tune

"because sir told me to bring you here" he said closing the door behind me and supposedly going to park the car properly and now leaving me to the complete strangers in my front.

"Good evening ma, allow us to lead the way" the lady with the smile earlier said to me. The other lady gave me the flowers and leading the way. To Jeremiah?

I was super confused at the moment thinking if Liam has brought me to the wrong place and considering how I'm already in my night wear roaming around, this had to be a trick. I would have called Jeremiah after receiving his letter, but I forgot my cell phone at my house while I was in a haste.

The first lady gave me a long cot to wear mainly because it got cold in the building. It was a windy evening, but the building was more cold due to the Air conditioner.

The whole building was filled with no one apart from this two ladies, I could see it all as we took the glassed elevator from the first floor to the last, on the roof.