☁️Early Mornings and Late Nights☁️

The alarm clock buzzed annoyingly on your bedside table as it awoke you from your peaceful slumber. Groaning softly, you reach a hand up and press the snooze button, relishing the sudden silence in your dimly lit bedroom. Apart from your husband’s, Kento Nanami’s, light snoring, it was comforting quiet. You roll over and inch closer to him as his strong arm gently and naturally drapes over you to pull you closer. With a tired smile, you snuggle into the warmth of Nanami’s chest, laying in bliss before shifting your attention up to his face. You begin to leave soft kisses along his jaw and chin to stir him from his sleep. Nanami shifts for a moment before slowly opening his eyes which glance to meet your still sleepy gaze. “Good morning. my love,” he murmurs to you, his voice bathed in a rasp. You kiss his lips softly and smile at him, humming a response.

    He lifts his head from the pillow to look at the time displayed on the clock behind you. You hear him sigh before he rolls onto his back, arm laid over his eyes. Turning around, you look at the clock; 5:45 am it reads. You frown a bit a turn back to him, “It’s that time of the morning, isn’t it?” you ask rhetorically. He grunts affirmatively before returning to silence.

    You admire Nanami for his dedication to his job, as difficult and stressful as it may be for him. Hence why when Monday mornings come around, you are quick to make the beginning of his day a little better. You sit up in bed and raise your arms to stretch, before turning to let your feet touch the plush carpet. Nanami follows suit, crawling sluggishly out of bed and heading straight to the shower. As he begins his morning routine, you decide to lay out his suit and pick a complimenting tie. You also take the liberty of ironing his outfit so that it’s still a little warm when he gets dressed.

    You dress comfortably and head downstairs to make him a light breakfast. “What to make..?” you think to yourself as you stare, almost blankly, into the fridge. Deciding that some eggs and toast would suffice, you begin heating the pan and prepping the eggs as he likes them. As the eggs cook, you begin to make his coffee and put some bread in the toaster while it brews. Lucky for you, everything is done and warm for your husband as you hear his socked footsteps coming down the stairs.

    Nanami pauses at the doorway to the kitchen, watching as you place his plate and mug down at the breakfast bar. He cracks a small smile and saunters over to you, wrapping his arms around your waist. You feel soft kisses litter the back of your neck and his warm breath tickle your skin. Goosebumps ripple down your body and he, being as observant as always, did not miss your reaction. Nanami chuckles lightly, placing one last kiss on your cheek before stepping away. “Thank you, love. You always manage to make starting my day more bearable,” he expresses fondly. “Of course, darling. I know work can stretch you thin, so I want to make sure you start each day as a clean slate,” you explain, Nanami giving you a quiet hum of acknowledgment.

    Nanami sits down and begins to gratefully eat his breakfast, checking his schedule for the day on his phone. You pour yourself a cup of coffee and make it to your liking before joining your husband at the breakfast bar. His focus is absorbed in his full schedule, moving around tasks to more convenient times and deleting others that had been previously canceled or rescheduled. Watching him work attentively always made you wonder how he managed his work on top of helping at Jujutsu Tech.

    Nanami noticed your stare after a moment and glanced at you. As if reading your mind, he chimes in. “Today is busier than usual, but hopefully I can get everything done and come home at a reasonable time,” he sighs as he puts his phone away. You look at him worriedly, “Try not to stress yourself out trying to get everything done though.” He smiles and shakes his head. “Don’t worry yourself over me. I have been doing this for a long time and, although work is shit, it’s easier knowing I get to come home to you,” Nanami replies. You sigh and nod knowing there’s not much you can say that will change his view on work.