☁️Infinitely☁️

"Satoru? Can I ask you something?" You ask hesitantly, almost afraid of the response you'd receive. "Hmm?" Gojo hummed. He tilted his head down to look at you, sharp blue eyes piercing yours with a gentle gaze. "Will we always be together?" You murmured. He, at first, looked taken aback by your question but his expression quickly changed to one of wonder. His silence frightened you as your mind jumped to the worst case scenario. Gojo let out a breathy chuckle and kissed you on your forehead. When he pulled back, he gently placed his hands on your cheeks. "I wouldn't worry about that my dear. I'll love you infinitely, and that's a promise. One I intend to keep." He said with a serious yet soft and loving tone. Satoru's reply made your heart flutter and gave you the reassurance you needed. You smiled at him before lifting yourself up on your toes to peck his lips. "I'll hold you to that."

That was years ago. You and Gojo Satoru were high school sweethearts since your first year. Sure, he seemed egotistical and arrogant but only you got the privilege of seeing him for who he truly was. You saw Gojo for the caring softy you fell in love with. He always had a roundabout way of showing his care for people but always meant well. The way he would spar with his fellow Jujutsu Tech classmates, honing their skills just as well as his own. His incessant teasing during the sparring matches were merely his way of encouraging whoever he was paired with to give it their all.

In fact, you two met through sparring. You, who still had much work to do in mastering her Jujutsu technique, and Gojo, the most powerful Jujutsu sorcerer, were paired together to practice. Of course, he won and his seemingly berating comments irritated you. Confronting him was your number one priority since you never let anyone speak to you like that. Looking back, perhaps that is what made you catch Gojo's eye in the first place. Most people let him get away with his shenanigans because they figured there wasn't much they could do. But you? Absolutely not. Your straightforward and confident nature shone through brightly, leaving Gojo, for once, silent. The confrontation, although small, was enough to get the attention of your other classmates. Nanami Kento, your closest friend at the time, wasted no time pulling you away to cool off before you got in trouble for making a scene. Taking a sharp glance back, you saw Gojo staring back as Nanami pulled you along.

Again, that was years ago. Unfortunately, your family had to uproot and move out of the country the summer after you graduated due to your father's job transfer. You didn't know when or if you would be able to come back. With that knowledge, you decided to break things off with the sorcerer. It broke your heart but you didn't want to hold him back from what he needed to do.

Years later, now a sorcerer yourself, you were able to land a position at Jujutsu Tech, helping to train students. You moved back and began your new job. The first hurdle was meeting your coworkers and your students. Of course, not everyone was able to see curses much less have a technique so your class was very small. However, the difficulty of the class made up for its small size. Training future sorcerers was not an easy job. As for your coworkers, you had only met a few of them before class started, so you figured you would meet them slowly throughout the week. By the end of your first day, you needed a moment alone to sooth your pounding head. That said, you chose to sit in your empty classroom to revel in the silence.

After a bit, a rhythmic knock was heard on the door; one that typically children used for "secret knocks" in their clubhouses. Sighing deeply, you stood up to answer the door, figuring it was a student who forgot something or needed assistance. You slid the door open only to be greeted by a black wall. At least that's what it seemed like until you quickly realized it was a tall, broad shouldered man dressed in all black. Looking up, you see a blindfolded face and a head of white hair. The striking white hair was familiar, although you thought nothing of it. Clearing your throat you speak up, "Oh hello. Can I help you?" You ask sweetly. "I heard the new teacher had arrived so I thought I'd introduce myself. Apologies for not doing it sooner. I had other things to take care of today." He said. His voice nearly made you swoon. It was smooth, with only a bit of roughness and radiated benevolence.

You stared at him blankly for a moment, before noticing your daze. "I'm (Y/n) (L/n).. you are?" You say with an unfamiliar shy tone. He chuckles lightly and gestures in question if he can enter your classroom. You nod and step aside. The tall man glides into the room, almost silently. You slide the door shut and turn to him, leaning against a desk. After a brief silence, he tilts his head, "Still don't recognize me huh?" He questions. Confused, you furrow your eyebrows and shake your head. An amused sigh leaves his mouth as his hand reaches up to pull the black blindfold down from his eyes. You stare in wonder at his actions but wait patiently for what's to come of this. His eyes flutter open and your jaw hits the floor. Never in your life had you seen anyone else with this eye color. The inhuman blue that seemed to look directly at your soul brought back nostalgic memories of your high school years. "Sat- uh… Gojo..?" You say breathlessly. He smiles widely knowing you could never truly forget him. "The one and only, my dear." He muses.

Without another word or thought, you fling yourself forward and wrap your arms around him. You were utterly speechless. What could you possibly say to him? How have you been? What have you been doing all this time? Or would you apologize for leaving him? You didn't know and chose to remain silent.

His breath was steady, but you could hear his heart almost racing. Much to your disappointment, you pulled yourself away, looking him in the eyes again. "Gojo I-" you start before he lifts a finger and places it gently against your lips. "Not a word. No apology. You explained your reasoning enough back then but it was bold of you to assume I wouldn't wait for the day I could hold you like this again." He said. You looked at him in shock and curiosity as to how he wasn't upset that you left him the way you did. "My dear listen to me," he started, "I could never be mad at you for something you couldn't control. Circumstances for each of us just didn't make room for.. well us. I know you meant well." You could feel yourself tearing up at his words. Putting your forehead against his chest you chimed in, hoping your voice wouldn't give you away. "Gojo.. no.. Satoru, you really waited all this time?" You questioned. "Of course. I made you a promise after all, or have you forgotten it?" He says tightening his hold on you slightly. Your silence answered his question as he sighed and placed his chin on the top of your head. "You're the only one I've ever wanted. The only one I've ever cared for and loved quite like this. That's why I made that promise all those years ago. I told you we'd be together and that I'd love you infinitely. I am a man of my word after all." The gentle caresses on your back confirmed his words.

Tears were now freely flowing down your cheeks and by now there was no denying that Gojo knew it. You pulled away slightly and looked at him again, only to be met with his lips upon yours. The initial shock left as quickly as it came before you melted into him. You felt whole; like you were finally where you belonged. You two parted and gleamed at each other. God, how you missed his soft gaze and his gentle nature towards you. "I suppose there's a lot of catching up we have to do huh?" You say breaking the silence. He chuckles and nods his head, "That we do.. but we also have the rest of eternity to do so. I'm not letting you go again. I need to love you infinitely and I think I'll start now." He beams before kissing you again.

Infinitely huh? That's something you could definitely get used to.