CHAPTER 26

“It’s the master of the Shinsu!”

From below, Ronée could be seen standing on the roof of the tower.

The black smoke that had covered her surroundings was lifted in an instant, revealing her figure. It seemed to be the power of the divine.

She was still wearing the white dress and red cape, which Nabel had chosen and dressed her in. It was only after catching sight of the red fabric fluttering in the wind that Nabel finally released the breath he had been holding back.

‘She is safe. She is still unharmed.’

Then, Ronée climbed back on Bell again.

“It looks like she’s about to jump!”

Nabel knew what was going to happen next, even before Nesha shouted it. Before he realized it, he found himself running forward.

“Your Majesty!”

And Ronée flew into the sky.

It was an unbelievable sight to see her riding upon Bell while he descended from great heights with ease as if he was walking down a set of stairs.

Then, Ronée landed on the ground in an instant.

“Sister!”

Nabel’s pace slowed as he took a few steps forward. As the distance between them shortened, he could see that her face had a little bit of soot, but other than that, she was unharmed.

Ronée was gazing at Nabel like the world around them did not exist. Perceiving his master’s desires, Bell let Ronée down in front of him.

Using flight magic in calm winds was an easy feat.

But it was extremely difficult to use flight magic in the midst of violent winds. On the ninth floor, there was a magical wind that was so powerful that it was well known to those who visited the Mages’ Tower.

The mages were solely focused on the Master of the Shinsu, who just landed in front of them in a casual manner.

“Nabel.”

When Ronée hugged Nabel tightly, he could feel the touch of her cold hands through his clothes.

Nabel wanted to crush her against his chest and hug her tightly. He embraced her gently and sighed in relief.

He clenched his fists as he suppressed his desire.

And Ronée was surprised by how gently he hugged her.

“It’s okay now.”

Her heart was beating too fast. Nabel stroked her cheek and tried to calm her anxious heart with comforting words.

And then, a loud cracking sound interrupted their reunion.

The fire was still burning fiercely, the flames quickly enveloping the entirety of the tower.

“Oh, god!”

“How is this possible?!”

The mages were unable to celebrate the birth of the new Master of the Shinsu. They were too busy trying to extinguish the flames that had weakened the pillars of the tower after reaching the ninth floor.

There was an ominous cracking sound as the tower tilted sideways. The force of the original explosion had weakened the burning structure to the point that it was completely unstable.

“That is…”

“It’s falling towards the palace!”

The mages desperately cast various forms of magic to stabilize the tower, but it was all in vain. Of course, their divine magic alone could not support something as immense as a tower.