CHAPTER 27

Ronée was immediately taken to the royal physician, who exclusively served the Imperial House of Iver, for treatment. She was escorted by  Nabel and two knights from the inner castle.

“No trauma has been identified.”

Even Ruchel, the Imperial mage, was called upon for magical advice. There were eight bracelets hanging from his wrist.

“Perhaps she exhausted herself by using too much divine magic at once.”

That was the conclusion  Ruchel and the royal physician reached after a long and thorough discussion.

There was nothing wrong with Ronée.

After a while, Nabel regained his original composure as he sat next to Ronée and monitored her condition.

‘Ah…’

The memory of her collapsing before him in slow motion continued to replay in his head.

Her exhausted face became pale the moment she lost all strength.

It was a sight he never wanted to see again.

“After a bit of rest, she will recover,” concluded Haas, the royal physician, after the examination.

His disciple, Domelo, didn’t dare examine Ronée.

Now that she was recognized as the Master of the Shinsu, and Nabel had announced his intentions to marry her, Ronée status was no less than a member of the imperial family.

Nabel peered out the window at the tower. The immense structure, which was visible from anywhere within the walls of the Imperial Castle, still stood upright.

The mages were busy carefully examining the outside of the tower.

When he heard shouts of excitement, the mages rushed into the tower. Due to the miracle, there seemed to be no sign of any damage to the structure.

The research the mages had devoted their entire lives to and their dignity were still intact.

It was as if the explosions had never happened.

They repeatedly bowed respectfully to the new Master of the Shinsu as she was taken away.

Of course, it was obvious that they should be thankful.

Nabel’s lips twisted into a sneer.

“Summon every single person who has entered the tower since the day the preparations for the trial began,”

It wasn’t enough that Ronée was safe. Before she woke up and began her duties as the Master of the Shinsu, Nabel had every intention of quickly locating and killing the culprit.

“Should I torture them first?”

His sister’s eyes would have widened in surprised at his words, but she didn’t understand the cruelty needed to survive against their enemies.

Nevertheless, Nabel could be cruel for her sake.

“Hurry up and find them. I want to send their heads flying before my sister awakens.”

“Yes, Your Majesty.” Nesha bowed briefly and left the room.

It wasn’t suppose to be like this.

After Ronée proved that she was the Master of the Shinsu, the Western Empire would have two things to celebrate. If Emperor Nabel Iver was to marry the Master of the Shinsu, there would have been no greater honor than that.

The Iver Imperial Family would once again have the protection of the Master of the Shinsu.

However…