Discoveries - 2

"I was talking with Commander Root, (In MY world he is alive heck all logic) when Foaly burst into the room. He started babbling rapidly. I shook him roughly. "Foaly, What the hell is going on!" Commander Root yelled. "Foaly, what is happening?" I asked. He took a deep breath and saw Commander Root going red. "You know how there are, of course 8 species of faerie right?" "Yes," I said. "Foaly get to the point!" Commander Root said, his face becoming the classic shade of red he was so famous for. "So..." Foaly trailed off into nervous laughter. "Really, I have to go work-" Commander Root stood up, "D!mn it Foaly, what's going on?" 

"Nothing sir I  really should get going-"

"FOALY!" Commander Root roared. I stood offish to the side. I normally would get involved but something gave me a very bad feeling about what what happening. 

"See uhm- There's actually a uh- I really must go-" He said. Then, almost to quiet to hear, he whispered, "There's a 9th species of faerie. The shapeshifter, or a Shifter. The abilities it has are rare and there are few shifters left, and they have the abilities to mimic living entities, having lost the abilities to mimic inanimate objects. They have a slight ability to heal, can mesmerize  humans, and if one is in possession of their orb, like a mythical kitsune they are forced to tell the truth." 

"Their orb? What the hell is that supposed to be? And why is this happening? Do we have one under surveillance. And finally, I swear if the Fowl's are involved with this I will explode like Opal did!" I outburst.

"Its pronounced orb," Foaly corrected, "And I don't know what it is why this is happening, we don't have one on surveillance and it looks like you might need to explode since Myles is the only reason we know about this!" Myles, the young prodigy. He must have somehow observed one. 

"His injectacles as he called them, allowed him to see them. Along with their other abilities, they can shield so well it is almost true invisibility! And all without a shimmer suit!" Foaly said wistfully. Of course he would have wanted to  study one...

"Are they hostile toward the people- erm- the other faerie species?" Commander Root asked.

"Extremely." Foaly said. "One is on its way to bamboozle Artemis into a trap where his mind will be wiped of all good memories of us and he will be mesmerized so many times he'll go blind. They will insert false memories and boom, Child Prodigy hates the LEP with a passion so flaming he would actually do physical exercise to destroy us. Its a cunning scheme." 

"Well yeah, duh." I said with a Booshka accent. "But isn't Artemis to smart for that?" 

"He is still hormonal. The Shifter will take advantage of that. His Atlantis is returning (Ok  you wanted Orion here he comes~) and that's why we called him down here for a meeting this week- and the thing is cunning too." 

I frowned. None of this was good. It was in fact, horrible. 

"Foaly sign me out a set of double-dex. Old fashion recon mission. Save idiot Mud Man. Save the People. Done it like 100 times by now. Not even exaggerating. Lets get this over with." I said. 

"Signing you out." Foaly murmured as he fidgeted with his high-tech tablet.

Commander Root protested. "Holly, let someone else take this one. You've dealt with the Fowls so many times that-"

"That it makes me the perfect elf for the job? Sorry Commander." I said as I strapped into my gear.

"Short, If you do this I swear I'll have your badges!" Commander Root barked.

"Sorry Commander. I got to do it. See you next debriefing, when you have my badges." I replied.

"SHORT!" Commander Root yelled, but I was already out the door and onto the next shuttle heading to the surface.

"Danu help me." I whispered. And I found you and stopped the Shifter from basically mind controlling you into destroying us.

"And...thats what happened. I said. Artemis just kind of stared at me. "I would embrace you if I wasn't too proper." He said. I knew that was my invitation to hug him so I did. He deserved one.

Any more of this stupid shifter stuff though and he gets another punch to the face.