Chapter 1: Origins

Hello! My name is Y/N L/N, and I'm from Lyia Village. My village is full of jewels and crystals making us very wealthy but very poor at the same time.My mum and dad are farmers, they farm wheat and make bread for the village.

My parents never let me help them so I was always in my own world fantasizing about fairy's and dragons. I never really believed in what the villagers say, I was a cloud child the elders would refer me to.

I was out one day in my own world and stumbled across a cave. 'Huh... I wonder what's in there.' I thought. And me being 7 at the time thought going into a potentially boobie trapped cave would be a good idea.

That's when I met Cria. She was a Crystal dragon. "Hello child, do not be afraid come closer I won't hurt you." I walked up to her my white and purple hair covering my eyes to hide my fear. "My name is Cria and i am a Crystal dragon. What is your name my child?"

"M-my n-n-name is Y/N." I told the drag- Cria. "Y/N, such a beautiful name. My child what is that you have in your hand?" Cria questioned me. I looked down and I had my teddy, Cookie, in my hands. "This is Cookie he helps me keep calm." I told the beast in front of me.

Cria made a flat surfaced crystal and moved her head telling to me sit. We talked for about and hour until she asked me a question I never thought she would ask me. "My child would you like me to teach you Crystal Dragon slayer magic?" I sat there in shock. I thought for a good minute before nodding my head in agreement.

Curiosity took over in my e/c eyes and asked "Why is it called Dragon slayer magic?" Cria looked at me with the curiosity that I have as she has never met a child like me before, full of wonder and kindness in their eyes. "It was originally for slaying dragons, my child."

She told me all about the history of dragons, how to do magic, told me about the transformations I could go through, about the devil and god slayers, how I can get motion sickness by travelling on non living objects, like a carriage and how I could go on a rampage if I dont keep my emotions in check.

She looked after me when my actual parents couldn't and I saw her as a second mother. One day our Vorital crystals were dieing and with my magic made them prosper again. The Elders thought this was a miracle and when I went to tell Cria that the 3 years she put into my knowledge and training worked... she was gone. Only a letter stood were she had been resting all these years. It read:

My dear y/n,
I'm sorry I have to leave you so soon but I can no longer stay with you. I am requested by the Dragons from my home to go back for reasons I can not tell you. It was truly amazing to watch you grow for three years and watch you grow into an amazing ten year old. Though you still need to keep your anger in check. I wished I could stay longer. But duty calls.
From your loving mother,
Cria

I chuckled when she mentioned my anger issues. But I was crying, realising she would want me to be strong I wiped them away with the sleeve of my shirt and walked home.

Thirteen years later i have just turned 23 and going to Atlantide to explore and maybe join a guild? But I'll save that decision to when I'm there. I pack everything putting a pouch of five hundred thousand jewels in my pocket (cause I heard everything in Atlantide is REALLY expensive), the sword Cria left me and I set off into the world getting on a boat to leave for Atlantide.

A/N
Hello my dear mint leaves I hope you have enjoyed this first chapter. I will get Chapter 2 out when I can as I am really busy with tests and all. Tho I am off cause of Queen Elizabeth's jubilee. But still! I'll get it out soon

733 words