𓏲⤾·˚̩̩͙⁺゜24

Pretty much everyday now, I've made sure to fasten the necklace that Hange gave me around my neck

Pretty much everyday now, I've made sure to fasten the necklace that Hange gave me around my neck. When I walked around outside, everything seemed to remind me of them. I couldn't escape them and they wouldn't leave my head. It's been almost three weeks now since they've forgiven me. Everything in my world is brighter now. It's all because they're here with me. Everything has changed for me. The air is lighter and it smells better, the burdens I carry and the weights on my shoulders feel lighter, and daily tasks like sleeping and eating have become so much easier for me.

I sat now, overlooking the mountains from afar, just day dreaming about my experiments with Hange. I shut my eyes, and the only thing clouding my mind was them, and the sound of the cicadas chirping around me. I open my eyes again, and glance out at the scenery before me.

It was evening, so the sun was starting to set, and it cast a purple, orange glow in the sky. The wind blew softly at the grass down the hill from me, and the setting sun casts an orange glow down onto the grass as it swayed gently in the air.

I took in a deep breath and then let it-

"(Name)!" Connie screamed, jumping on my back.

"Ah! What the fuck!" I yell, jumping back on my feet and looking behind me. Sasha, Connie, Jean, Eren, Mikasa and Armin were all standing behind me.

"Come on, (Name)." Eren complains. "It's time for dinner and we've been looking all over the head quarters for you. And for some reason you're out here in nature!" He says the word nature, in a mocking tone.

"Sorry, I was just trying f to clear my mind." I lie, walking past everyone. "But I am hungry, so let's go eat."

"That is the smartest thing I have ever heard leave your mouth." Sasha says, pretending to wipe a tear from her eye. Everyone follows me to the cafeteria, and we all grab our food before heading over to our designated table that totally belongs to us because we are the ones who sit here every single day.

"Cant believe you were able to get out of cleaning again, (Name)." Jean says, turning the table's attention over to me.

"Oh yeah," Eren said. "Yeah, I've seen Hange waiting over at training like every day now. So your doing experiments again with them, (Name)?"

"Yes, I am." I said, slowly eating my food.

"Psh, can't believe you decided to get back to experimenting with that science freak."

"Science freak?" I repeat.

"Yeah. You know. Hange is an insane scientist and it's honestly to the point where they look insane, like a freak."

"They're not a freak." I said.

"Since when did you care?" Armin asks.

"Uhm, always?"

"No you didn't." Sasha comments. "You'd always make fun of them."

"Oh, (Name) just feels bad because Hange kinda saved their life."

"Oh, yeah!" Eren nods. "Yeah, they just feel guilty."

"Oh, wow." Mikasa says. "(Name), that's a really nice necklace." I glance down to the charm hanging over my chest. "Where did you get that. And where can I get one for me?"

"Oh, this?" I laugh nervously, twirling the chain around in my fingers. "We'll, Hange actually gave this to me."

"What?" Connie questions.

"That looks really expensive, (Name)." Mikasa says, raising one of her eyebrows. "So, suddenly you're hanging out more with Hange, standing up for them when people make fun of them, and apparently now the two of you are exchanging gifts? What's going on between the two of you. Are you guys dating behind our backs?"

I puff out my cheeks, clawing at Mikasa. "No, Mika! It's not like that, I swear!"

Mikasa placed her palm against my cheek. "Your face is warm. There's something going on with Hange."

I cross my arms, keeping my gaze down on the table.

"Are you serious?" Jean raises his eyebrows. "You're really dating Hange?"

"I'm not." I said, shaking my head.

"I see." Mikasa says. "So you have a crush on them."

"We'll..."

"No 'well's (Name)." Connie butted in. "I think it's pretty obvious that's what's going on here."

Word Count: 708 Words