Ch. 25

𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐮 𝐫𝐮𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥. His stomach dropped when an overwhelming sense of impending doom washed over him. He began to choke on his own breath and found himself unable to speak, he looked to his left, "Satoru, we have to get Riko and Rintaro, now."

He lightly pushed on Satoru, trying to force him in the direction he wanted his friend to go in. Yet Satoru stood still and could only reply, "Huh?" accompanied by a blank look on his face.

"Two have already been exorcised." Suguru licked his lips that were drying in anticipation, the pit in his stomach deepening as another one of his cursed spirits were exorcised. "Where's Amanai?" Satoru spoke with a higher pitch to his voice, his nervousness becoming evident.

"It's time for her music class now. So, either the music room or the chapel. It depends on the teacher." Kuroi nervously gripped onto her skirt, unsure of how she could help in this situation other than giving the boys anything she knew.

   The trio raced through the entrance of the school, sparing no time in saving the two girls. Suguru internally began to panic, the only thing on his mind was Rintaro and how it would end if the intruders made it to her and Riko first. "Satoru, you take the chapel. Kuroi, the music room. I'll head for the two intruders."

The other two nodded before turning to go to their respective locations. Suguru followed his gut instinct towards his nearest cursed spirit that alerted him. He looked up to see it clinging to the ceiling of an already cracked hallway, he shook his head and began to follow it cautiously, a new aura of some sort filling the height of the hallway. Could these be remnants of Q? If it's hired muscle of the time vessel association, this could be trouble.

Suguru's eyed widened at the presence of the unfamiliar aura's owner. "Well, well... that uniform." The unfamiliar curse user stood on guard with a small cursed spirit chittering lightly by his side.

   The cursed spirit bore 4 eyes and a giant set of teeth enclosed in its lips that made up most of the body, it's small frame slimmed into a muscular hand as its leg support. In the opponents other hand he held a paper with traditional writing scripted on both sides, as well as a cursed spirit in the motion of forming itself.

Suguru disbanded his alert cursed spirit and summoned 2 more in its place, this time larger and capable of combat. He knew he had to be cautious, his opponent seemed aware of his uniform and already knew to cover his front and back with his own cursed spirits. "Curse manipulation." The old man spoke roughly, studying Suguru through round glasses.

"Correct. You're as wise as your age suggests." Suguru smirked, slouching his posture as he changed his footing, an easy action that could possibly fool his opponent.

   "Old age isn't what it's cracked up to be. It costs a lot of money to live this long, you know." The older curse user looked Suguru up and down, he could tell by just his spirits alone that the student was far more advanced than him.

   Yet, the older man found comfort in knowing that Suguru would not fair against him in close combat, just by his faulty stance. He smiled to himself, Doesn't like close quarters combat and isn't expecting aggression. This is too easy.

"You look like you've got a lot on your mind." Suguru held his hand up to his enemy, curling his fingers towards him as he beckoned him to come closer. "Don't waste your time." In a second, Suguru's two cursed spirits had merged and grew together to form a giant sand worm that took up the entirety of the hallway.