Boop.

Hey people. So here's my excuse; my computer broke. Yep. In the middle of my exams. It just kinda started to overheat and then some dumbass spilled water on it....Sry for going away for (CRAP 9 MONTHS) but like.... you can get why, right? Enjoy this chapter. Oh btw I just realized it's my birthday- 

Oop..... 😅 \((( ̄( ̄( ̄▽ ̄) ̄) ̄)))/

The waves crashed against the soft sand. Yor and Yuri gaped at the sparkling, expanding blue. "Awesome, isn't it?" August smiled, watching their stunned expressions turn into expansive joy. 

Yuri screeched off, running into the foaming waves, slowing only to jump over a mossy green rock-

'wait, not a rock,' He thought, stopping midway to the foams. ' A FREAKING TURTLE!'The turtle made a disgusted face at him as it slowly shifted back into the sea, probably wondering why a six-year-old boy was screeching at him. 

Yor raised her eyebrows sternly at him, trying to hold back a smile. "Language, Yuri."

The boy in question pouted, then went back to poking the turtle. Yor turned towards a gently smiling August. 
"So," she started, "what are we doing here?"

August looked at her. He seemed strangely sad, the withered face set aglow by the morning sunrise. His eyes looked far away as if seeing a different world. 

"Do you know," August said, "there's a beach in Taiwaaän that glows." 

And as if she wasn't intrigued enough already, he started towards the beach, smiling.

"Walk with me." He stated simply. The setting sun drifted downwards as she got up and paced beside him, the iridescent water washing away the sand between her toes.

After a few minutes, he began to speak. "This particular beach resides on Vaadhoo Island. Can you guess how the light is emitted?"

Yor shook her head, then inclined it to one side. "uhhhhhhhh... magic?"

He laughed, a deep, booming sound that resounded around the area. Yuri looked up from his frantic splashing and (currently losing) war with the turtle,("Hey! Don't you dare- ugh! Are you challenging my sister's beauty?! Why I'll show you-!!") to glance at the source, saw that it was August, put his head down disinterestedly, then resumed his attack. 

August looked at the pristine waves and Yuri sloshing frantically. His eyes dimmed for a moment. "You should learn now, Yor, before it is too late..." he fixed his startling gaze upon her. His eyes were too alert for her liking. "that there is no magic in this world." he started pacing again. 

Yor flinched back, shocked. "Y-you mean...." 

August riveted his eyes onto Yor. "... I'm sorry to tell you this way, but you have to know."

Yor started to sniffle, teardrops gathering in her eye. "Y-you mean Sa-Santa Claus ain't real?"

August took to a knee. "You have to learn before it's too late." He put his reassuring hands onto her shoulders. "I'm truly sorry..."

_______

Then he took a comically shook face. "Wait... that wasn't in the script-"

_______

Yelping. Strangled, helpless yelping. The voice of a tiny, small child-

drowning. Yuri's voice.

Yor spun, all thoughts about Santa forgotten. 

Her vision tunneled. 

In the distance, she could hear her brother drowning.