Chapter 6

⪻Tell me the story of how the sun loved the moon so much, he died every night to let her breathe

✨✨✨

It was a long, boring race. Apparently, these things go on for hours. I'll never understand what's so interesting about watching a bunch of cars go fast. The good thing is that, because Beth joined us with her girlfriend, we managed to finish with the move in one day, so Shane can sleep in his new apartment tonight. Needless to say, he already had a date lined up. Then he wonders why his crush doesn't give him the time of day ...

We all went to eat at a nearby restaurant, spending a great night together. The only downside was that Shay and Nick weren't with us. It's always great when we get all together, which happens often, but still less than when we were in college. Obviously, we all have less time now.

When, right when I was about to unlock my door, I felt Chris grab my hips and pull me back, I yelped a little, and he chuckled. "Since you complain that I'm always sleeping at your place, tonight I'm sleeping at mine." He announced.

"Oh." I won't deny I was a bit disappointed, but maybe this is a step in the right direction. I'm actually not even really used to sleeping alone, but we need to start somewhere. "Ok." I agreed, albeit sad. I need to move on, but not all at once, right? "Goodnight, then." I said, going to unlock my door.

Chris chuckled, and once again I yelped when he effortlessly gripped my hips, and pulled me back. He guided us toward his door, his sweet scent engulfing me, especially when he spoke against my ear: "We are both using my bed tonight."

My heart more than skipped a few beats, it started playing its own tango, my cheeks reddening as I thought of a different meaning for those words. I'd lie, if I said I've never once had a wet dream about Chris.

He unlocked his door with me in his arms, and I didn't even fight it, his body felt so warm and cozy against mine. He didn't leave me upon entering either, and when he closed the front door with a kick, I almost thought I was daydreaming, because that's exactly how it usually goes in my head.

"Uh ... I need my PJs." I mused as we headed toward his bedroom once he'd locked the front door.

"You can use one of my shirts."

Man, this was really identical to one of my wet dreams. Hopefully, I won't wake up calling his name as I usually do. "Toothbrush? Comb?" I wondered, just to say something and distract myself.

Chris chuckled. "You think I'd have you in my bed without being ready for you?"

Oh, my God, did he even realize what he just said and with what alluringly sexy voice? Okay, maybe he could be reading a grocery list to me, I'd still find it sexy, but how could I not be fazed when he said such things? My heart was beating like crazy.

When we got to the bedroom, Chris finally let go. He went for his closet, from which he grabbed one of his shirts. I felt mildly embarrassed, kind of wondering whether it would even fit me, since he's pretty leanly muscled and I'm no featherweight. I took it anyway, together with the small beauty bag he was offering me. "You really thought of everything." I mused, a bit surprised.

He grinned. "I know this stuff is important for you girls."

"You mean basic hygiene?" I teased.

He laughed, pushing me toward his bathroom. "There's other stuff in there, pretty much everything you normally use."

"How do you even know? Did you snoop around my bathroom?"

He grinned sheepishly, mildly embarrassed – probably also because I found a pack of tampons among all the other creams, detergents and everything I regularly use for my beauty routine. "No ..." Chris said, "I asked Meredith." His older sister, of course, she'd know better. "Besides," he placed a wet kiss on my cheek, "we've been one soul in two bodies for 20 years now, Vivy, I know everything there is to know about you, A to Z, from your favorite color to your favorite shampoo."