Four

The hotel Jim booked was across the street from the hostel. After checking in and finding my room on the 5th floor, I decide to take a quick shower. I'm exhausted from the travelling, even though it only took a few hours. I don't get dressed, but instead just sit down on the bed with my towel wrapped around my waist. For a few minutes I just sit in silence, enjoying the quiet. Then my head starts running, I think about the disappointment in everyone's eyes when I told them the meet&greet was cancelled. I took these kids here, so that I didn't have to see that disappointment. A mistake at the venue, it makes me angry, how stupid to ruin so many peoples dreams like that. Of course it's not the artists fault, I'm sure it's just a dumb miscommunication somewhere between the venue and the manager or whatever, but still, I'm pissed off. After sitting in my anger for a while I decide to scroll through instagram to distract myself. After all, this anger won't bring anyone anything. Suddenly this idea pops in my head, I mean it's worth a try. I begin typing, and deleting, and retyping, and retyping a few times more. Finally I hit send, and put my phone down.

I must have dozed off, because when I open my eyes my room is lit up by soft moonlight, the curtains wide open. I shiver, apparently I didn't even take the time to get under the covers, because I'm still wrapped in my towel.  I get up and walk to the bathroom, quickly washing my face before walking back into the room. I open my suitcase and grab some boxers out of them. I grab my phone to check the time, after all I'm not sure if I should go back to bed or if I should get dressed for the day. 03:04 it reads on the screen. I let out a sigh, quite the nap I took. As I click the button to turn off my screen again my eye falls on a notification.
Instagram - (Junipersafairy): June: Hi!.
Holy shit, I rub my eyes, is this real? I sit down on the bed, and open my phone.
Battery low, 5%. Pops up on my screen, I groan, of course. I stand up again, walking over to my suitcase, digging through it to find a charger. By the time I find it my suitcase looks like a disaster, but I decide to fix that later. I grab a T-shirt as well, and close the curtains on my way back to the bed. This time I get under the covers, not wanting to risk falling asleep on top again. My breath trembles as I open my phone again. I collect myself before opening the message on instagram, bracing myself for disappointment.

(Riversflow): River: Hi, my name is River and we are attending your show tomorrow. By we, I mean myself and 8 kids. We just got the news about the cancelled meet&greet. We were very sorry to hear about it. I took these kids halfway through the country so they could come and see you, their parents think we are on a church trip. Of course I have a full understanding that this is out of your hands, but I was hoping that maybe we could find some sort of solution, something to give to these kids. You see, they are all part of a lgbtq+ youth group, that's what brought them here, and I truly want this to be something they will never forget. Anyways, kind regards, River.

I read my own message again, 'kind regards', I laugh, who writes that on instagram. I hesitate, but scroll down none the less.

(Junipersafairy): June: Hi!

(Junipersafairy): June: Thank you so much for your message. I think it's absolutely wonderful what you are doing for these kids.

I let out a sigh, here it comes 'but I'm sorry, I can't help you.'

(Junipersafairy): June: I would love to find something together, can you meet me at the venue tomorrow at 11?

I have to read the last message over and over again, I can't believe it. Fuck, what if I messed up by not replying. I look at the time stamp of the message, 23:37, shit okay. I begin typing,

Dear.. no, Sweet June .. no ugh, why is this so hard.

I decide on Yes, I would love that. Thank you.

Sent.