Chapter 2 | Spirit Bullet: Ava Rodriguez

Chapter 2

Ava Rodriguez

At noontime on the streets of an uninhabited city, one boy and one girl faced each other under the backdrop of the blue sky. One was a girl dressed in white and blue with a twin tail reminiscent of an antenna. The purity of her white and red Astral Dress is suitable for a world marked by sunshine.

On the other side was a boy dressed in black and red. He had black hair and an Astral Suit where the colours of red and black intermingled with each other, however, his most distinctive characteristic was his left eye. It was a clock, an eyeball ticking away the time. Gulp, Ava Rodriguez shallow her breath.

It was likely due to being on the verge of death multiple times now. But single glance, he read her strength.

"So, why did you call out to me? Although it looks like it has nothing to do with Doll Master." Hearing Ava's words, Itsuki Scott couldn't help but smile. :)

"Yes, yes, that's right. Completely irrelevant to that. There is merely something that I want."

"What do you want? I don't have something for you though."

"There is something. An invitation has arrived for you, has it not?"

"Heh, what? So it turned out to be that. You sure are a strange person."

"Hoho, ohhhh. So, can you give it to me?" Cheekily, Scott smiled.

To break that smile, Ava spat out her mouth.

"No, if you want it, rely upon one of your strengths-"

A gunshot echoed as an impact struck Ava's shoulder with tremendous force. Ava's eyes widened. In the blink of an eye, the boy in front had pulled out his short gun.

"Oh, then please allow me to use my strength to hunt you."

Scott smirked a little.

Ava didn't intend to listen to this conversation until the very end. The other party seemed to be aiming at him from the beginning. With killing intent in her eyes, Ava manifested her double-edged sword. (Estoc)

"Oh my god, is that your Unsigned Angel?"

"Let's go!!"

"Yes. Please give it your all"

Scott smiled. An extremely sinister expression appeared on the black and red suit boy floating in the sky. Perhaps due to this unclear and oppressive feeling, Ava let out an imposing scream while charging to attack.

The battle had started.

That being said, even when seen from the Empty's perspective, it was a one-sided battle. There was a difference in the speed of flight. There was a difference in the range of attacks. Despite Ava Rodriguez's attacks flying at a speed faster than the eye could see, the boy suit in black and red easily avoided them perfectly. Incredible.

Was the existence of a so-called Quasi-Spirit so powerful in this world that only breathless watch? Ava Rodriguez's white and blue Astral Dress was now stained with blood. An ugly vermillion, a red miserable scarlet red.

He was terrified. Killing each other was what she had expected. However, the boy in front of her was a difficult enemy far beyond expectations.

"So, if you hand it over to me, this problem will be resolved."

The black and red boy declared, however, that passing this over meant a defeat. It was owed him loathing extreme loathing of defeat, that allowed him to remain victorious

"No! Absolutely no! How can you and I hand it over to join? The fixed number of participants had already been decided, so there cannot be any mutual compromise between us."