Reason to live?

A/N: This was for a request on tumblr for the reader attempting suicide and the guys saving them and trying to give them a reason to live or something

Midoriya had been speaking at a hero conference for the last few days, and he was more than ready to go home. He was sitting in the train and looking out the window. Many of his friends had been at the conference as well and of course they had gone out as a group last evening. He'd sent you a few pictures, and a message telling you he'd be home in a couple of days. You had told him to have fun and after that he hadn't heard from you.

Midoriya decided to shoot you a message, since he had been able to leave the conference earlier than expected telling you he was on his way home. He also asked iif you'd want to come meet him at the train station, so you could walk back home together. You didn't answer, which made him a bit worried, but he was going to be home soon anyway, so he could just talk to you in person.

When Midoriya got home, it was really quiet and all the lights were off.

"(Name)? Are you home?" he asked, but there was no answer.

Maybe you really weren't home, he couldn't really figure out another reason why the apartment would be so dark and quiet. Midoriya decided he would try to call you.

He could hear your phone ringing in the back of the apartment, so you must have been home. You never left your phone when you went out. He walked to the master bathroom, and the sight that greeted him was nothing short of terrifying.

You were sitting in the bathtub, and the water around you was a deep red color. Midoriya was frozen in pure shock and terror.

You noticed someone standing by the door, so you turned your head tiredly. You were having difficulty keeping your eyes open, and you felt like you were slipping away.

"Izu?" you whispered.

Hearing his name got him moving again.

"(Name)!"

You were so close to just slipping away, you wanted to, you really did. You tried to push him away as he picked you up from the bathtub, but you didn't have any strength left.

"Let me go" you muttered weakly.

"Never" Midoriya answered, his voice wavering.

He rushed you to the nearest hospital, he got there way faster on his own than an ambulance ever could.

You were taken away and Midoriya was left standing there, covered in blood, and trying not to sob.

"Do you need something sir? I could take you to the closest waiting area to where they took your partner" a nurse said.

"Yes, thank you" Midoriya muttered.

He was in a daze as he followed the nurse who led him to the correct waiting room. He didn't sit down, but instead walked to the nearest bathroom.

Midoriya started trying to wash the blood from his hands. He couldn't really do anything about his clothes though. He just wanted to get the blood off his skin, there was so much blood, your blood.

After he had gotten off as much of the blood as possible, he returned to the waiting room.

After a while he suddenly realized he should probably call your mother and tell her about the situation. Midoriya knew you and your mother weren't exactly close, but she should still know her child was in the hospital.

He dialed your mother's number with his hands shaking.

"Hello Midoriya" your mother answered, sounding like she was already waiting to hang up on him.

"Hello, Mrs. (Last Name). I-I have some bad news, (Name) is in the hospital, and-"

"What did that idiot child of mine do now? Whatever it was, they probably deserve it" your mother scoffed.

Midoriya didn't even realize he had crushed the phone in his hand at first. He was so incredibly angry at your mother for what she had just said about you.

"Mr. Midoriya, if you could come with me" a nurse said, pulling him out of his daze.

He sprung up from the chair and followed the nurse to a hospital room.

"They are going to be okay. It was good you got them here so quickly, a few more minutes and we wouldn't have been able to help them" the nurse said, before opening the door to the room.

"Thank you" Midoriya exclaimed, tears welling up in his eyes.

He moved an armchair next to your bed and sat down on it. He waited for hours before you woke up, holding your hand the whole time and talking to you and crying quietly.

When you started stirring and waking up, he was so incredibly relieved. Midoriya started crying even harder as he raised your hand to his lips and placed a kiss on the back of your palm.

"(Name)" he whispered and placed his other hand on your cheek.

"Izu? Where-where am I?"

"You're in the hospital, love. You're going to be okay" he said with a gentle smile and brushed your cheek with his thumb.

"I'm sorry" you said, turning your face away from him. "I'm sorry"

"You don't have to apologize for hurting, but you shouldn't do... this" Midoriya said, gesturing to your wrists.

"What am I supposed to do then? What am I supposed to do Izuku? I don't want to feel like this, I don't want to be this thing that I've become" you pleaded. You just wanted someone to tell you what you were supposed to do.

"To be honest, I don't really have any answers for you, all I can really tell you is that it's gonna be worth it someday. One day in the future you're gonna look back and you're gonna be glad you made it through these times. I know there's no miracle cure for you, and if I could, I would take all your hurt for myself, but I can't" Midoriya said, such sadness in his voice it made your heart ache.

He knew this wasn't about him or how he felt about what you had just attempted to do. Midoriya wanted nothing more than to help you, but he didn't know how to do that.

"I'm just exhausted, Izu, so exhausted" you said tiredly.

"I know, love, I know" he said.

He didn't know if he could help you, but he was sure as hell going to try. He wouldn't leave you alone with this, not now, not ever.