S/o saves Deku

You and Deku both had the day off, and you had decided to go do some shopping. Deku had bought more of his weird shirts, the ones that have the name of a different garment written on them, and you had bought some Miruko merch. You just couldn't resist.

"Should we go get ice cream?" you wondered, licking your lips.

"Oo, sure" Deku chimed.

You were already jumping ahead, when you turned around to give Deku a smile and to tell him to hurry up. That's when you heard it, a crash, like something was breaking. The upper corner of one of the nearby houses fell. It was plummeting straight for Deku's head, who had now turned to look up. You could see the glow of One for All covering his body, as he prepared to jump out of the way. But his jump was cut short by his shoelace, which was stuck under his other foot when he tried to jump. You reacted just fast enough. It felt like it had been minutes when you heard the crash, but it reality it had probably not even been a second.

You pushed Deku with all your might and he flew backwards, falling on his butt on the sidewalk, and then you were covered by a cloud of dust and something crunched in your lower back.

How could he make such a stupid mistake. A loose shoelace may have cost you your life. No, you were stronger than that, you wouldn't let a ton of bricks kill you, right?

The second his ass hit the ground, Deku was already up and attacking the pile of rubble, which you were buried under

"He-hey" you said shakily, trying to get his attention.

Luckily he had sharp ears and noticed you right away.

Deku knew it had to be bad. Your lower body was under a big piece of what used to be a wall.

"I-I can't feel my legs" you muttered to yourself.

"I'll get you out of there" Deku tried to calm you.

"I can't feel my legs" you cried out.

It didn't take long for Deku to lift the piece of wall off of you. Then he scooped you up, and made a dash to the hospital. He decided it would be faster than waiting for the ambulances.

It had been a few weeks after the incident. You were still in the hospital, but you'd started your physical therapy. Your legs didn't work anymore. You'd suffered a spinal cord injury, when the wall had crushed you. You had no sense in anything below your waist. It had been a big hit for you. You couldn't do hero work anymore. You could work in an office yes, but no more action for you, even if your legs regained function, you couldn't do hero work.

Deku was supposed to come to see you today at the hospital. It was already pretty late, and he still hadn't shown up. He was probably at work.

"Work, huh" you sighed, looking out the window.

You were jealous, you could admit that to yourself. You would never be able to help people like you wanted to. Never again.

"Fuck" you hissed and bit your lip, trying to stop the tears.

You'd been fighting the thought, the reality, that your life was going to be different. You would probably never walk again. And with that acceptance, the damn broke. You started sobbing and squeezing your pillow, tighter and tighter.

"I'll never be a hero again" you sobbed.

Deku was just about to open the door, when he heard you starting to cry. He heard what you said. He bit his lip and his hand was trembling on the door handle. How could he face you? He could hear you breaking down, just behind the door, but somehow he was too scared to go in. He was scared, that you would blame him, as much as he blamed himself. That stupid shoelace and his carelessness, had broken you. And he couldn't help but blame himself.