꒰ ♡ ꒱ ╰ ⌲ ❛chapter 1❜

You were the child of Dr. Martin Brenner, you never knew what he worked as when you were younger. But now you're 16, you deserve to know. You asked your father where he worked and he was excited to tell you. 'In the laboratory I work at there are many young children from ages 6-16 or such, these children are unique unlike the others. They have special powers!' You looked at him with a weird look, 'Powers? I don't believe it.' 'You can come over tomorrow, I'll show you around maybe you can even work there as a nurse for them if you'd like.' 'I'll take your offer to suggestion.' you replied back with a smirk and exiting the room going on a walk to the bookstore.

Next Day

You walked into Hawkins National Laboratory not knowing what to expect. The office looked all normal, the smell of it smelt like a hospital, walking more deeper in you see the walls and floors are all white. 'Why is everything white?' 'I felt as if the white shines and gives off a lot' What a weird response but you shrugged it off.

Your father takes you to the rainbow room, 'This is the rainbow room, all the children have time to play here everyday' You glanced around the room, there were no children here yet since it was only 6am. But you spotted a tall blonde guy picking up some of the toys. 'Who's that?' you asked father. 'He's one of the guards, Peter Ballard, he was hired recently not so long ago actually, maybe you two can learn together' You stared at Peter for a while, you couldn't see his face too well but he noticed you were staring and looked back at you, he had deep blue eyes. He stopped what he was doing and walked up to you. 'Good Morning Dr.Brenner, and you are?' 'I'm y/n Brenner, nice to meet you.' He reached his hand out so you can shake it, as doing so you felt how vainy his hands were and you could feel your face getting hot. 'Father! Let's go to the other rooms!' you say quickly pushing your father out the doors. 'What's wrong? Your face is all red?' 'What my face? Ah.. maybe it's too hot?? I have long sleeves on after all!' you replied trying to not make it anymore awkward. 'Ok, well follow me.'

You followed your father until he took you to a room at the end of a hallway, 'This will be your room. You're free to take some thing in and out but not too much so the children don't get jealous. I left the clothing you'll be using on the bed and some spare in the closet. Meet me in the office around the corner so we can talk more about the rules. Alright?' 'Yes father.' you said as he made his way to the door. You removed your pink long sleeve shirt and your jeans along with boots since it was mid-autumn in Hawkins. Laying in the bed was a white dress shirt, a white pencil skirt along with a lab coat. The lab coat was pretty since there were a few flowers and sun near the top pocket near the chest area. You put on the outfit and walked out to go to the office your father mentioned.

'Glad to see everything fits you' he said with a small smile barely visible. You sat on the chair to the opposite of his desk. He pulled out some files. 'This file with the pink tag is yours, you'll be writing notes on all the children and staff, including me if you'd like so i can change some things about myself. This file with the black tag belong to a child called '011'. You'll be progressing and help her study on her powers.'

'011? Why do they have numbers as name?' you asked him with a serious look. You can tell from his face he was going to get serious. 'Sweetie, it's a hard thing to talk about maybe when you get more familiar to everything i'll tell you but for now they're I suppose experiments and the numbers are a way to know them.' he said fixing his tie. 'Now about the rules, you'll have to address me as 'Papa' that's what the children call me. Make sure to keep your clothes clean and folded properly, we don't want wrinkles in them do we?' You nodded your head. 'That's all, you can go to the rainbow room, all the children will be there, i'll be there shortly to begin lessons.'

You headed out from the office making your way to the rainbow room. You saw the Peter guy again. 'Hello again Mr.Ballard' you said continuing your walk. You felt a tug on your coat, 'Please, call me Peter. No need to be so formal with me now right Dr.Brenner?' he said with a smirk on his face. 'Well.. um then you don't have to call me Dr.Brenner just call me Y/N' you said and winked at him. As you made your way to the door you looked down and felt your heart pounding so much. You looked back up again and saw a pair of hands at the door handle..
——————————————————
Word Count: 886
6/3/22