Are you crazy?

Night's dark blanket is falling down upon the city

Night's dark blanket is falling down upon the city. The lights from the yellow lamps have flooded the street. But their lights do nothing to dispel off the darkness in the dingy street I am currently driving through. I just disposed off my driver in the middle of a street and fired him because he was driving slowly and my anger was not helping the situation.

I am well aware of the fact that getting livid and randomly firing my employees and giving them life threats would surely worsen the situation, but I just can't help it. How can I control myself when my little sister has been missing for the last 12 hours?

She was supposed to be guarded 24x7 by men assigned by me. And Evelyn's a princess for God's sake. How the fuck can she go missing? And it's not as if I don't always have enemies breathing on my shoulders, scrutinizing my steps for a single slip-off. The know that they won't be able to control me directly and so they are always searching for opportunities to attack my weakness: my family.

Evelyn has previously paid the price of my faults and I will never be able to forgive myself if something happens to her now. I must find her before something happens. A tinge of fear is generated in my mind, what will I do if I find her gone? What if I come across her lifeless body lying on the road? I will kill those fucking bastards. I will make sure that the Chicago outfit fucking pays for messing with my family. There's a reason why the entire world is afraid to pronounce my name.

My thoughts are interrupted by my phone's ringtone. I see the name of Angelo, my business partner, close friend and underboss. Without wasting a second, I take the call. "Speak". "Lucian, we have might have a lead. Her tracker was last spotted near Central Park a few minutes ago. Don't worry too – " I cut the call before the idiota could give me some freaking advice and turn the car towards central park. I will probably cover the road that takes 1 hour in 30 mins.

My rolex read 8.30 pm when I reached Central Park. Two other black Audis came tailing behind my car carrying twenty of my men. We stepped off from our cars and I nodded at them. They knew the deal, they surround the targets, charge suddenly and keep them at gunpoint. No words were exchanged.

We reached a relatively dark corner of the park, there were two figures sitting on a bench under a lamppost. They were visible enough for me to decipher the silhouette of my sister. Has the other person kept her at gunpoint? Are the other kidnappers hiding behind the bushes?

As we move forward without being noticed, slithering our way through the darkness, I heard her faint voice becoming clearer, she was saying something to the person sitting beside her, her voice was quivering. She was definitely crying.

I have had enough, whoever had the guts to keep my sister hostage will bear its consequences. He will not be spared with just a quick death or a bullet through his head. I could feel my veins pulse with anger.

I signal my men and within a fraction of a second, they jump into the clearing and point their guns at the target. I hear a shrill scream tear out from the figure that I assume is my sister. The scream acts like a trigger for me and I dash out into the clearing alongside my men. Is she hurt? Is she alright? A thousand thoughts race through my head.