The Canoe Mansion

The buzzing of the bugs and twisted thoughts were like a chainsaw to the back of head. Thomas Wilkins paced in his cabin not too far from the old campgrounds. Each step echoed out and added to the noise of his disdain. How could it all spiral out of control so fast? It wasn't supposed to happen like this. If only those two lovebirds had stayed away. If they had only heeded the warning in the letters he wrote.

Thomas had found a good scheme in getting people to pay down payments or applications fees, only to scare them away with the very real tales of Camp Crystal Lake. If the stories didn't work, the letters and packages he sent would. Only this time he took a deal one step too far. He didn't think the fags would be so hard to scare. Another shot of liquor was swallowed and forgotten as he sat alone with his thoughts.

Thomas Wilkins had fucked up. He owed a lot of money to a lot of people. Crystal Lake was his hiding place and his prison. All the lies and schemes were catching up to him and he knew the worst was yet to come. If that thing in the lake wasn't awake already, it was only a few days before it would rise again. Thomas Wilkins couldn't control the monster. He tried that once before. All he could do was try and scare the campers away before Friday and keep the money to pay off some of his debt.

There was a knock at the door. Old Bill stumbled in with a fresh t-shirt and a new pair of pants. His bloodied clothing was now burning in a barrel just outside the secluded getaway. The two were certain their tricks would help drive the people away but Old Bill was too drunk. He kept fucking shit up and Thomas was worried someone would notice their schemes. Thomas had the town under his boot but the city fuckers were another breed. He downed another shot of whiskey as he berated Old Bill past midnight.

The first death faded as a new dawn rose over at the campgrounds. They realized in the morning that Jojo had driven over a rusty nail. Their back tire was now flat and their original plan to all visit the town was postponed. The crew spent the next day getting to know one another, enjoying the lake and some scary stories. Rodrigo and Jay were secretly waiting for Tina to arrive. She never did. Trey had invited Tina but according to Lauren, Tina had family near Crystal Lake so she probably went to visit them. 

They decided to focus on the cleanup until the weekend. Rodrigo and Jay agreed to try and contact Tina if she didn't arrive or contact them by Friday. Everyone seemed distracted by the wonder and seclusion of the camp. It was a nice getaway from all the noise and chaos of their normal lives. Rodrigo still had the tiny seed of fear growing in his gut. Things weren't easy at the start either.

There were some incidents over the next few days and the couple was unsure of what to do. Debra said she felt like she was being watched while she took a shower one night. Everyone blamed Marc but Debra swore it was someone much taller. She said she gave them a show either way and seemed to laugh it off. Marc swore he wasn't a pervert. Then there was Jojo and Cassie.

They had decided to use the backseat of Lauren's car to let off some steam. Jojo and Cassie were in the heat of the moment when something slammed the hood of the car. The others remember hearing the car slam but assumed they were really going at it. Jojo and Cassie did not see anyone but quickly left the vehicle. They had been using the radio and forgot to turn it off.

Now they were left with two unusable vehicles. The counselors didn't seem to mind. They enjoyed swimming, drinking, and hiking on the old trails. Rodrigo tried to contact Tina but to no avail. They assumed she backed out at the last minute and didn't bother to call. Lauren said it was something Tina would totally do. The weekdays melted away and it was almost Friday the 13th.

Excited but a bit tired, the young crew hired by Rodrigo and Jay were ready to start working that cool Thursday morning. The group met in front of the mess hall to talk about the day's tasks. It would be another day of cleaning but Rodrigo promised they'd have the weekend off if they finished everything. At that, Trey and Marc ran off before they were given clear instructions. Lauren bet they'd never complete the job correctly anyways.