Remembrance of the Fellsword: Godfrey and Godwyn

(A/N): Now, this is where the more complex part of the story happens. The Remembrance chapters are not filler chapters. They heavily contribute to the plot.

Gatepoint

It was nighttime. Again.

Mattheas cleared the garrison stationed at the nearby ruins and left a trail of blood. Literally. As the Tarnished warrior sits near the site of grace, humming can be heard coming from his right side. Mattheas saw a familiar woman wearing a brown dress and a black cloak that shrouded her eyes.

"Greetings. Traveler from across the fog." The woman then takes off her hood, revealing herself as a young woman. A pretty one, too. However, he noticed that her left eye was closed shut, a tattoo or a mark across her eyelid spreading out into claws.

"I am Melina. I offer you an accord."

...

"Ah. So YOU were the pervert staring at me back at the cave." Mattheas said plainly.

Melina's cheeks turned crimson red. All that preparation, practice, and will to make herself look cool-headed and mysterious figure was all but naught when she remembered that moment back in that graveyard. Melina struggles to find words as the picture of her Tarnished's perfect body (albeit littered with scars and burns) begins to surface. How rude! Making a lady embarrassed over a memory that should be overlooked! She has feelings, damn it! Feelings!

"T-That's not what it was trying to do! I swear!"

~~x~~

After a few minutes of prolonged silence, Melina has calmed down from her sudden outburst. She can finally think straight now, but then it hits her. Melina pales as she realizes that she is about to offend her Tarnished by calling him maidenless! But she has to keep her act up, or else her tarnished wouldn't take her seriously! The nerve of this man! Wait, did he already know that this was all an act? It cannot be! He just met her today!

Melina swallows a lump in her throat. If she were to maintain her act, she would have to be brutally honest and cold to her Tarnished. Even if it also means damaging the pride of the Tarnished warrior.

The young maiden sits up and moves a few feet away to face her chosen Tarnished. A blush spreads across Melina's face as her Tarnished's steel-colored eyes met her golden one, his demeanor completely the opposite of what he was moments before. Melina speaks, her perplexing facade taking over.

"Have you ever heard of the Finger Maidens?" Mattheas shakes his head.

"They serve the Two Fingers, offering guidance, and aid, to the Tarnished." That got a head tilt from him, showing curiosity and eagerness to proceed.

However, Melina begins to get nervous. Her palms are getting sweaty. Her breathing becomes shallow, and her lips quiver from fear. Melina swallowed a lump in her throat and continued her speech.