Unconventional Methods

Naruto woke up one night and has summoned a full-blooded Doppelganger to serve as his replacement while he would do some investigating.

He used his hidden Kamizoru wealth to find out who the man with a cane is and found out his name is Roman Torchwick and his partner Neopolitan. He knew those name already, having collaborated them once but that was two years ago.

But why would they partner with an anti-human organization. He decided to disguise himself as a member of the White Fang, having disguised himself as one he infiltrated Roman's warehouses somewhere in Vale and found out that he had been answering to a higher power. He recognized the woman he was answering to is the same person during the dance. He activated a recorder in his scroll so he could eavesdrop what they're talking about.

Turns out they were planning to collaborate with the White Fang to launch a surprise attack at Beacon during the Vytal Festival and since Ironwood has his drones and military personnel there, they planned to use those drones against the people participating there. He eavesdropped for more information but eventually the woman realized that they were being overheard so he opted to make his escape.

A quiet escape and Naruto summoned another Doppelganger to cause a scene to give the real him time to escape.

He discreetly passed this information to Ozpin with the source being anonymous. Ironwood and Goodwitch happened to discover it too as well as Qrow Branwen. As far as they're concerned, the invaluable information and the details of the woman named Cinder's plan being passed into their scrolls is a stroke of a miracle and good luck.

Naruto smiled to himself as he dispelled his Doppelganger and continued on with his team.