𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

━━━━━

━━━━━

it's way too early for her liking when amirah's woken up from her slumber. groaning quietly, she lifts her hand to shield her eyes from the ridiculously bright light that's relentlessly seeping through her curtains.

her phone is going off.

like crazy.

she's missed six calls and she's about to miss a seventh, when she sees who's calling.

it's neymar.

frowning, she swipes left, rejecting the call. and she's about to throw the covers over her head and attempt to go back to sleep when, suddenly, the bedroom door flies open.

"light his whole closet on fire," is the first thing her sister, ivy, says as she barges into the room. "break the windows of all his cars, and slash his tires as well. oh, and don't forget to break all his trophies too. that'll teach him."

"absolutely not," comes rafaella's voice of reason, the brazilian trailing behind ivy into the room. "amirah, don't do none of that."

"she needs to teach him a lesson."

"she needs to not go to jail."

"okay," amirah interjects, frowning as the throbbing in her temples increases. she'd woken up with an excruciating headache, probably from crying herself to sleep. "nobody's destroying anybody's property."

ivy scoffs. "so what, you're just gonna let him get away with it?"

"i'm not letting him get away with anything," amirah sighs, "i just- i'm still trying to wrap my head around everything, alright?"

rafaella nods. "understandable."

and the two women watch as amirah exhaustedly collapses back into her pillows. she's looking as low as she feels – face bloated, eyes red.

as she snuggles farther under the sheets, amirah silently wonders when this feeling will go away. this hurt.

because she's hurting.

a lot.

her thoughts are a mess, anxiety-ridden fingers frustratedly running through her hair, and her mind is suddenly clouded with haunting pictures of her fiancé and that damn blonde girl.

truthfully, devastated was an understatement. neymar absolutely shattered her.

but, not only is she heartbroken, she's feeling incredibly stupid as well because her and neymar would always have these conversations.

when she was ten, amirah's father walked out on her, her older sister, and her mother. he completely disregarded their existence as he went to start a new life with his mistress and their kids. this, naturally, triggered a lot of insecurities because amirah genuinely thought; how could any man truly love her when her own father didn't?