08

Chat swung the doors open, out of breath as he did so, holding out the earrings for her.

"Y/n, I need you to be Ladybug until we save the real one. She's the only one who can purify the akuma.. You're the only I trust for the job. Please help me, I can't do this alone. Please?" Chat begged, his big green eyes widening.

Y/n sighed, she couldn't deny him when he gave her his kitty eyes. She groaned, carefully placing the miraculous into her earlobes, almost screaming at the sight of Tikki,

"Hi, I'm Tikki! The kwami of creation, to use my power just say Spots on!" The little bug explained.

"O-okay.. this is really scary, Chat. What if I'm not good enough? What if I can't do it?"

"Stop thinking of the what if's. You will succeed. I'm right here with you, okay? I'll keep you purr-fectly safe, we can do this together. Believe and me, and my magical cat-puns." He encouraged with a toothy grin.

"Alright," Y/n slapped her cheeks, "I got this! Tikki Spots on!"

The red engulfed Y/n's form, ladybug's running across her skin to leave a suit in their wake. From her toes to just below her knees were red boots, black tights running up to her waist. A thin skirt resembling ladybug wings laying across her thighs to her waist-line. The top was crimson, except for the two strings that ran across her stromach in an x-shape and the see through fabric on top of her collarbones. Shoulder covering's fell over most of the sheerness, they were accompanied by black handed gloves that faded into red as they reached just under the sleeves. Black Polka dots finishing off the top, adding to the bug theme.

"So, who's the new super hero in Paris?" Chat asked, marvelling at the sight of Y/n in her new outfit.

She looked beautiful.

"It's Cinellidae. Short for the Latin name for ladybugs." Y/n answered, she wouldn't admit how scared she was. Underneath the mask, she was breaking out into a cold sweat, she had no confidence in herself.

"I know it's scary, here hold on to me. I don't want you to get hurt using the yoyo. I need to explain this to you, but if worst comes to worst.. I may need to cataclysm Ladybug. she's still ranpaging, meaning the akuma couldn't possibly be in her miraculous. It's either in her yoyo or her mask, there's nothing else it could be in. The akuma will fly out if I end up cataclysming her, but make sure to use lucky charm first. So, you can bring her back to life. If not, we'll need second chance. But, Viperion is probably exhausted. So, I don't want to go that far. I might just cataclysm her, it'll take out both objects.. no matter how much I don't want to do it. I thought I would let you know," The expression painting the blonde's features was stone cold.

Yet, it held a certain melancholy to it. He loved Ladybug afterall.

"I'll do my best, I promise I'll save her for you. Then you two can fix this properly and be friends again, you two deserve each other. To be friends," Y/n said determind. Chat placed her down, throwing away the nasty creatures surronding them.

"Everyone- I need you to cover us! We got a plan, Viperion, go!" Chat shouted at the group.

Minotaurox charged the spiders, clearing away the arachnid's in the way. Leaving a clean path to Latrodectus, Chat and Y/n ran as quickly as they could towards the villian. Chat forcing her into a fight with his baton. Y/n shouted the word to activate the Lucky Charm.

While Chat occupied Marinette, Y/n observed the terrain wondering what in the world she could possibly use the scissors for. Y/n grabbed a small eight-legged creature from her leg, an idea coming to mind. She wrapped silk around two of her fingers, and then flung the bug at her friend.

"Ew, Cinellidae why?!" He gagged, getting the hint.

He tossed it back at her, making sure it went around Latrodectus' ankle. Y/n snipped the material, tugging the villian towards the ground and straight into one of her own webs.

"Cataclysm!" Cat Noir called forth his ability, reluctantly placing his hand on Ladybug.

The akuma flew from the dusty mask, Y/n capturing it inside the yoyo to purify the butterfly.

She exhaled heavily when the deed was done, she released the lucky charm into the sky. Letting it work it's magic, luckily the bugs had carried the revived akumatized victim to the top of the tower. Keeping her from the press. Adrien handed over his belt, Y/n making her way towards the elevator and punching the button to the top deck. She removed the earrings after tying the leather around her eyes.

"Ladybug?" She called, once she reached the final level.

"Y/n right?" Marinette's hand pulled her from the device, "Thanks for saving me. I wasn't too keen on getting Cataclysmed, but I get that it was necessary. Tell Chat, he doesn't have to come back if he doesn't want too and that I'm sorry. I never meant to take out my stress on him, and tell him that I love him like a brother. That'll never change."

The sound of the voice yelling the activation words and then the sling of the yoyo was enough for Y/n to know Ladybug had left. Tears slipped from her eyes, the leather now sitting on her neck. She wobbled and sobbed all the way down, feeling the immense remorse that rolled off of the herione in waves mixed with her own anxieties, that had smacked her in the face.

She collapsed into Adrien's chest, he left the scene with her in his arms as she whispered Ladybug's words to him.

"Please, be friends again.." She fumbled over her words, choking on tears.

"We will be, I've already forgiven her, my night." He caressed the top of her head softly as a means of comfort.

It calmed her almost immediately.