Lessons in light

This is a short chapter, I know it's been a while, I'll probably not be able to write much regularly, but I haven't forgotten any of my unfinished fanfictions, so don't worry about them never being finished...it'll just take a while 👀

Hope you enjoy 💜

Cita had gotten quite a lecturing for showing herself to more humans of this timeline.
Both Severus and Professor Snape had snarled at her, speaking in sync and knowing exactly when to pause so the other could finish the sentence.
"-That was the most irresponsible thing-"
"-I have ever seen a dunderhead do! If Ms. Parkinson had spread the word of a white cheetah in the woods-"
"-that would have alerted the Dark Lord about a possible Titan near Hogwarts! You are lucky that-"
"-Gandalf caught her just in time and obliviated her and her sidekicks!"
"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"

Cita had just turned her head left and right as she listened to the two, wondering how long it would take for them to notice they were acting like the red weasel twins, George and Fred. It took another five minutes until they realized that and their surprise was so evident on their faces, that Cita used the short pause to quickly say, "Sorry, won't happen again, gotta use the big-bathtub-bowl-thingy to wash myself," and hurried away.

She still wondered why this boy Neville Longbottom with a short bottom seemed so familiar, but decided to ignore it.

Since then, training had resumed day in and day out in the labyrinth. With every passing day, Cita was growing more accustomed to moving on two legs and switching back to her real form at will. She wasn't comfortable with being a human, but she could see that it had its perks. For example- The Comb. When she transformed back into a cheetah and dozed off in a sunny spot in her room, there was nothing better than when Kefir used his nifty human hands to brush through her fur with The Comb. Why didn't humans do this all day?

Mioha had to bite her lip to hide her laughter when Cita told her excitedly about the great properties of the comb. Cita's amazement of that tool was so infectious, that Mioha convinced Draco to give her a comb massage as well in her Silverwing form and had started referring to the wooden object as The Comb in her head.

If life only were as simple as a comb massage.

****

Gandalf had begun to discuss the plans to break into the ministry to steal another time turner, which required the solutions to two problems:

1. How to find the room that had the last two time turners in England, since all of the others had been smashed during Mioha's fifth year.
2. How to get out unnoticed.

Getting in wouldn't be a problem.
Getting out would because there were only two ways out. One through the phone booth, into which they wouldn't all fit at once and which was currently watched carefully because it tended to malfunction, and one through the fireplaces, which would instantly be sealed once the theft was noticed. Apparating wouldn't work.

So that left the Order with one choice: sending Mioha.

Mioha could flash at the speed of light, which meant she could simply shoot out of the ministry once she had the time turner. But someone had to accompany her to 1. have her back and 2. to make it look less suspicious why a young student was visiting the ministry.
And this plan was concocted one afternoon in the Council Room.

"So why don't we just send Mioha in alone with a polyjuice potion?" asked Fred and scratched his head. "No one would bother to wonder why a forty-year old witch is at the ministry."

"Because potions don't work right on me," said Mioha, "the Polyjuice potion might just wear off after five minutes, or not work at all."

"But we won't know until we try it," insisted Fred.