Chapter 01

It had been a year since I had locked eyes with Fitzgerald, but I have not seen a single truck like him on the highways and roads. On the bridges and the parking lots, my eyes did not shed the tear I had shed when he slipped away from my sight. Though I have searched long, day and night, Fitzgerald was nowhere to be seen. Could it be that he was not from New York? That he was only here for a short time for business?

       But that wink, I could not forget. Those sparkling, dazzling, and enchanting eyes.

       As I walked down the highways, I felt my heart skip a beat. My eyes widened, and I looked behind me to see Fitzgerald.

     "Fitzgerald!" I yelled. Suddenly, it seemed as if all of the cars and people had disappeared. He stopped, and finally met my eyes. I felt tears running down my cheeks, and I wanted to throw my arms around him, embracing him. Then his stone eyes softened and it seemed his lip curled up a bit.

      "Badussy?" he said, softly. My name. He had called my name.

     "Yes!" I exclaimed. "It is me!" But what I hadn't noticed until now was that he was a blue truck from a simple factory. And I was white truck from a sophisticated, wealthy company, called Swalla. He was from Kumalala. We were too different. And after so much searching and hoping, I had only just found out.

      Then a loud honk interrupted our moment, and we parted ways.

     "Darling, there is no other tragic love story than us!" I yelled, as both of us went opposite ways.

      A week had passed since our reunion. I was parked in a dark parking lot, when suddenly I heard a sound.

   "Look what we have here," a truck said, deeply chuckling. I, then, looked at the owner of the voice, and suddenly felt nervous. "A Swalla truck, all abandoned and alone.." He chuckled again, before two other trucks began to laugh loudly.

    "Who are you? Come out from the shadows!" I yelled. Then, the truck came out, and I saw three trucks from Kumalala. "No.. no," I whispered.

    "Oh yes..." He smirked. "Oh yes."

    Suddenly, he launched towards me, and I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for my death. But I never felt anything. Slowly, I peered my eyes open to see Fitzgerald! I gasped. "Fitzgerald," he said.

    "Leave her alone, Terry," Fitzgerald said, angrily. Terry let out a chuckle.

    "Why are you defending this Swalla?" he asked. "Swalla is our enemy."

   "She didn't do anything wrong," Fitzgerald replied, calmly. "So lay off, we don't want any word getting out."

   "No word is going to get out, Fitzgerald."

   "Let's be cautious, shall we now?" Fitzgerald grinned, cocking up a brow. "And sophisticated." Suddenly, loud sirens began to come our way.

   "The cops," Terry mumbled. "Let's go." The three trucks quickly drove off, and Fitzgerald stood his ground.

   He parked himself beside me, and asked, "Are you alright?" he asked, and paused for a moment. "Miss or Mrs.?"

   "Miss," I replied. "But you could make it Mrs. if you would like.." He raised a brow.

    "What?"

    "What?" I repeated, softly. "Well, I thought..."

    "You thought wrong, Miss," Fitzgerald said. "I don't know what idea you got but.."

    "I fell in love with you from the first moment I saw you," I blurted out. "And you winked at me, and even after a year, I couldn't seem to get over you." I gulped. "I'm in love with you, Fitzgerald."

   "You hardly know me."

   "I can get to know you." He shook his head.

    "No," he said.

    "Why?" I asked, biting my lip. Fitzgerald shook his head again.

    "We cannot love each other. We are too different." Fitzgerald sighed. "You are from Swalla, and I'm from Kumalala. It's not possible-"

   "I'll make it possible," I said.

    "I'm engaged to Cheryl from the Auhbaby Factory."