Chapter 02

A day had passed, and I was miserable. Cheryl and Fitzgerald were engaged? But how could that explain it all? He winked at me, and called out my name. Was it misinterpreting it? Was it being foolish? I laid my head against the wall, and closed my eyes, letting tears run out. I was stupid, a fool for thinking I could love. I was from Swalla, and he was from Kumalala.

   "Badussy," Quandale Dingle called out. I looked over to see my fellow truck friend.

   I quickly wiped my tears, and said, "Quanquan.." He parked next to me.

   "What's wrong?" he asked. I sniffled, and looked down at the dirty ground of the parking lot.

   "I fell in love with a Kumalala," I confessed. It was silent for a moment, until he broke the silence by making a strange sound.

    "REHEHEHE," he spoke. "How could you?"

    "Quan.. I.."

     "There's no way I'm letting you do this to Swalla," Quandale stated sternly. I felt a tear roll down my window. "You will not betray Swalla. Kumalala is our enemy."

   "I know, and I-"

   "And you will not step foot near another Kumalala ever again!" Quandale yelled. I shuddered. Quandale Dingle was my best friend, and he had never, never once raised his voice at me. He knew what I went through when I was a young truck. When I was younger, my parents were always busy, and always raised their voices at me. And one day, they fell into a river on the highway, and died. Their bodies were never recovered. "If I hear you're within a foot near a Kumalala truck again, I'll throw you into a river like your parents!" I let out an inaudible gasp.

   "Quandale, you-"

   "You know what," he said, interrupting me. Quandale glared at me. "I know what to do. This will keep you away from them."

   "Quandale, what are you going to do?" I asked, worryingly.

   "Fitzgerald, right?" Quandale Dingle said. How did he know? "He's known for charming other truck women." I didn't respond. "I asked you a question, Badussy." I whimpered, and slowly, I nodded. His face darkened, and he smirked. Oh no.