nine.

MAD WOMAN | ix.
"WHO'S CAPTAIN AMERICA?"
Earth 838: Genosha | 2025

Yelena didn't know what she was expecting when they landed in Genosha, but the sanctuary was like a little town with shops and kids running up and down the street. She glanced over at Natasha as they go off the jet in Genosha. The woman had been quiet the entire journey. There was something about this version of Natasha that she couldn't quite understand. Why was she so cold and cruel? What had she suffered in this universe that she did not in the other?

"Do you have siblings?" Yelena asks as they walk through the mutant paradise, following Hank, "Athena, she's like my sister. My big sister if you will. Technically I was older than her but then Thanos came, and I was dust and now she's slightly older. Only by a couple of months though. I had another sister, she's kind of filling that slot."

Yelena looks over at Natasha, "But um do you have any siblings?"

"On your universe, it might be normal to overshare when conducting business, but not here. We have a mission. We get Wanda and Nora and then you go back to your universe where we pretend all of this never happened."

Natasha walks away and Yelena stares at her and glances at the ground trying not to let her emotions get the best of her.

"Hey," Daisy says as she comes up beside Yelena, "Don't take it personally. Natasha has been prickly as of late. There's a lot of pressure on her to lead and she's just trying to live up to the expectations. Especially with her past."

"Where're the other ones, you know Clint and the iron machine?"

"Tony just had a baby and Clint's off training the new Hawkeye."

"Kate Bishop?" Yelena asks with a smile.

"Yeah," Daisy says with a smile, "You know her in your universe?"

"We recently became friends," Yelena says.

"She's kind of headstrong, but she'll make a great Hawkeye someday."

"So, what about Captain America? Doesn't he lead the Avengers?" Yelena asks.

Daisy frowns, "Who's Captain America?"

Yelena stares at Daisy surprised. So, Steve Rogers, the great American hero did not exist here? Did she even exist here?

"Erik," Hank calls out and an older man with grey hair turns at the sound. There's a small smile on his lips as he makes his way over to Hank. This was Magento? But he looked so friendly, like a grandfather. Technically he was a grandfather. A deadbeat one.

"Hank McCoy," Erik says as he holds his hand out to the mutant, "Did Charles send you to check up on me?"

Hank takes the hand, which looked small in comparison to Hank's, "Actually, we're here for Wanda."

"And what do you all want with her?" Erik asks as he looks over at Natasha, and then at Daisy.

"To help her," Natasha says, getting Erik's attention, "I'm sure she told you what happened."

"Only that she lost control and attacked Nora. She said that she couldn't trust her mind. She's isolated herself since coming here," Erik informs them, "If Wanda isn't ready to go back-"

"We're not going to force her," Hank says, "We just want to tell her that the boys are okay. And that Nora is too."

"We just want to talk to her," Natasha says, "That's all."

Erik stares at them before sighing and nodding his head. He guides them through the town before taking them outside of it. There's a massive staircase and Yelena glances up it with a sigh before following else up it. When they reach the top of the staircase, there's a tiny hut and outside of it sits this universe's Wanda. Yelena was frightened by how similar she looked to the Wanda she knew, except that her hair was darker.