seventeen.

MAD WOMAN | xvii.
"I LOVE YOU IN EVERY UNIVERSE"
Earth 2023: New York City | 2025

"So how does this work?" Wanda asks her variant as they stare at the Darkhold wall.

"I think that we should begin this conversation with the fact that you are essentially immortal," Evil Wanda states as she looks over at Wanda, "You'll die. You'll go to the eldritch garden, a realm of resurrection. With Chaos Magic, you'll be able to bring yourself back to life."

"That's good to know," Wanda states, "But useless information unless I have Athena."

"We're getting to that," her variant states, "Chaos magic gives you the ability to alter reality. Life and death are included in that reality."

"And the price will be another life?" Wanda asks, "Yours?"

"Mhm," Evil Wanda says with a nod, "But first we must make the Darkhold cease to exist and that starts with destroying this place."

Wanda 2.0 looks around and notices the giant statue of her, but she also notices another alongside it. She tilts her head and takes a step closer, "Billy?"

Wanda looks over at her, "What?"

Wanda 2.0 points to the boy holding Wanda's hand, "That's Billy. Why is he here? What does this mean?"

"Perhaps it means that Wanda and Athena haven't seen the last of Billy and Tommy," Evil Wanda states as she looks at the variant in mention with a smile. Wanda looks over at the wall with curious eyes. Perhaps someday she would be reunited with her boys, but until that day she was okay.

Wanda spares a glance over in America's direction and she meets the eyes of the teen. The bags under America's eyes were noticeable. She looked tired, but not scared. No, she was no longer scared. And Wanda would make sure that she was never scared again.

She smiles at America and the teen returns the gesture.

"Then let's get out of here," Wanda says as she steps toward the exit. Wanda 2.0 follows her and so does America. Evil Wanda spares the statues one last glance before following her variants. They head out of the castle and stand on the snowy mountain.

"Destroying the home of the Darkhold destroys the Darkhold. In all universes," Evil Wanda informs them. She holds her hand out and Wanda looks at it curiously, "Teamwork makes the dream work."

Wanda rolls her eyes as she takes her variant's hand and extends her other hand to the other one. Wanda 2.0 eyes it, but takes her hand anyway. The three of them look at the building and channel the power of each other, Wanda 2.0 and Evil Wanda lift their hands before bringing them down to their sides. The castle comes falling down, rubble slipping down the side of the mountain.

They stand firm as the ground beneath them shakes and as the castle becomes nothing but ruins.

"That concludes that," Evil Wanda says, "Now on to our final order of business. Resurrection. We need to get back to Athena and Nora for this to work."

The three variants exchange a silent look before they begin making the journey back to where they'd first entered the universe and all Wanda could think was that this would be ten times easier if they'd brought Stephen or Wong with them.

When they reach the bodies of Athena and Nora, Wanda 2.0 lets out a scream as she runs over to the side of her lover, cradling Nora in her arms and rocking her back and forth. America has a similar reaction that is much more controlled as she walks over to Athena's side and places her hand on her chest.

"She really is gone," America says as she looks at the Asgardian. She feels the stillness of Athena's chest. The lack of warmth and heartbeat. She swallows in an attempt to fight her tears and looks over at Wanda, "Where do you think she is?"