Chapter 29

People say that bus rides are the most fun part of a class trip. It might have been, but you had no idea, since you slept for the most part.

You were tired when you arrived at the school to begin with. After the incident with Shigaraki, you went home only to be greeted by a rather depressed Ryuu. you knew how worried he usually got over you, but this was beyond even him.

"What happened?" you asked, kneeling beside him on the couch.

"Call your father." he said, but his voice was raspy, and hollow.

He scared you, but you did as he asked wordlessly. The dial tone rang in your ear, then you heard a crackle, the sound of your dad picking up the phone.

"Y/N?" your father's voice was warm in contrast to Ryuu's, almost sounding excited.

"Dad?" you were confused.

"Y/N, good. I wanted to speak to you but Ryuu said you weren't home." you could tell from his tone that he didn't really approve of whatever you were doing that had nothing to do with the mission.

You stood there silently, choosing not to speak about your night, instead listen to whatever your father had to say.

"A member of a new organization seeked me out today, something called the League of Villains."

You almost dropped the phone.

"Why?" your voice was a panicked whisper, but your dad didn't seem to notice.

"They are planning to overthrow the hero society. I am not sure if their methods or their goals are the same as ours, but they can help us get what we want. If we use them the right way, the relationship might even be beneficial for us. It seems like their leader is a brat of a kid, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to steer him to a different direction."

Your father wasn't thinking straight. You knew that. He was desperate, the long waiting getting on his nerves as he lost power in the area that was always yours, always his. You knew he just wanted to get that back, planned to use the League as a tool rather than an ally to do so, and then discard them when they weren't needed; you have seen him do that before.

But this was too much.

"He is not." you muttered, thinking about the way Shigaraki's eyes stared ahead in the mall, the bloodthirsty look in them.

"What?" your father asked, he probably didn't hear you.

"He is not just a brat. Nor the leader. And he..." you swallowed hard, trying to muster up some courage to tell him.

You weren't supposed to draw attention to yourself this much.

"He what?" your father's voice changed, his tone taking on authority. A demand.

"He attacked me yesterday at a mall. Almost choked me to death."

Ryuu was looking at you now, empathy mixing with his panic on his face.

"Why?" your dad asked.

"He said he wanted to talk."

He remained silent on the other end of the line for a bit, a heavy, worried silence. When he spoke again his voice was slow, calculating.

"I didn't know about this. Are you alright?"

"I'm okay now."

"Good. Have Ryuu take care of you. I will rethink this whole thing."

The call ended, the dialing tone ringing in your ear once again.

You put the phone down, walked over to the couch, your steps now rigid and slow. Your limbs felt cold, and you had to touch the cushion of the couch when you sat down, for balance, but also to remind yourself how it felt.